Flo Masters For 94 Ls400

lexfourcam

ive just done the 2 rear mufflers and ive got custom piping from the center muffler back to them it was all done rite by this custom exhaust shop i was thinkin about headers but they cost too much. ive heard of cuttin the 2 cats on the headers off but would that really make a difference?

i live in FL but i dont think so. i kno its illegal but i kno quite a few ppl that have done it and i was just wondering if that would have any affect on it i guess i'll get 2 new exhaust manifold gaskets and cut those stupid cats off while i replace em

Yeah the only thing that happens when you take out the cats is

1. You'll get more sound

2. You'll fail emissions

But if you're in a state where they don't do emissions it doesn't matter.

Don't forget to get some audio/video for us!! :D

i got flo masters installed recently on my ls400 it sounds good at a low rpm but when u really smash the gas u dont really hear the exhaust u hear the engine ive been told i have a slight exhaust header leak but would that really make all the difference?

Check the manifold. If you've got a leak you'll hear the valves.

i was thinkin about headers but they cost too much.

The 1st gen LS has very efficient exhaust manifolds--the SC had more restrictive manifolds where headers provided greater benefit.

Adding an X-pipe and free-flowing rear mufflers (like you did) should take care of most of the major restrictions on the LS.

yea so today i went and had my exhaust looked at and they said that its not a header leak its a pipe and there was gas fumes leakin out from the bottom i noticed so i got some glass packs and i got some cherry bomb mufflers i'll get some audio up of it, should sound really sick