91 Ls 400 Strange Noise

lbesaw

Hey guys. I have a 91 ls 400. I recently put a drivers side rear cv axle in it. I had to puul the rear end to reinstall the clip for the halfshaft as it had came out somehow.

Now it has a noise similar to driving over a rumble strip on the side of the road to wake you up. This noise happens at random and only for a breif second and then it goes away...anybody have an idea...it never did this before in 217,000 miles

yes i am certain it is installed correctly. I serviced the rear end when i pulled it out to inspect for problems. I found nothin gout of the ordinary...

Thanks

Is the duration around a second? Is it at a certain rpm? Under light throttle? My '92 does something similar once in a while, accelerating lightly at 1800 rpm going through 45mph. I have a badly leaking EGR pipe but other than that have not been able to determine what causes it. I cannot repeat it consistantly, which does not make diagnosis easy.

yes i am certain it is installed correctly. I serviced the rear end when i pulled it out to inspect for problems. I found nothin gout of the ordinary...

Thanks

Is the duration around a second? Is it at a certain rpm? Under light throttle? My '92 does something similar once in a while, accelerating lightly at 1800 rpm going through 45mph. I have a badly leaking EGR pipe but other than that have not been able to determine what causes it. I cannot repeat it consistantly, which does not make diagnosis easy.

It is very short like you said around a second or less. I can not pinpoint an rpm but under light throttle is correct...very strange