60k Service Should Be Done At Lexus Dealer Or Not?

an ly

hi all, i have a 99 ls400 the 60k is coming up, lexus charges $1400 for the service which is mostly just changing all the fluids, is it necessary to take it to lexus or can it be done at a good mechanic place? any thoughts or opinon is grateful.

hi all, i have a 99 ls400 the 60k is coming up, lexus charges $1400 for the service which is mostly just changing all the fluids, is it necessary to take it to lexus or can it be done at a good mechanic place? any thoughts or opinon is grateful.

If you have a knowledgeable, honest, independent mechanic in your area, you could probably save some money taking it there instead of the dealer. When you go to those types of places, it is good to make sure they are still using Toyota genuine parts.

If you want the stamps in the book you have to pay full odds, however I took my 98 to a toyota dealer for its 60K mile service and they did my timing belt (which was absolutely knackered after 10 years) and idler bearing and water pump for NZ$400, instead of NZ$2000 from the lexus stealer. I did supply them with genuine parts though, just for my piece of mind, and I made sure I saw the parts they took off.

Depends on how long you are going to keep the car in my opinion.