Updating To New Headlight Housing W/green Tint

I did a search and couldn't find any topics on this. Has anyone updated they're gs300/400 to the 01-04 headlight housing w/ the greenish tint?

Does anyone know why Lexus changed it from the smoked?

Finally, how easy is it to change this part and how much should I expect to pay (in other words is it worth the hassle to make it look newer)?

you can order headlight covers from your Lexus dealer

However, you need to be aware that you need to remove your front bumper, before you can remove your old head lights and install the new head lights.

I have heard that there are greenish headlights, but only have sold the black chrome headlights.

Personally, I think that there are other mods more valuable, like replacing the old-style taillights for the new ones, replacing the dash bezel with the new one with the chrome rings, ...

I have the chrome ones, but you really need to look twice (or park it next to a GS with the old head lights) before you can see it.

jadmguru...replacing to the newstyle greentint headlights are big upgradeive done it...i have a 98 gs400 clear tint/chrome housing..replaced it and it was like night and day my new headlights are much better then my old ones..as for the smoked headlights those you can get from the dealer they were made for the gs sports designthose look good too but depends on the stryle of your car...little things do add up...im more into making my 98 gs400..look more like a 04 gs430...just without the motor...and some special stuff...but its kew...only real hardcore lexus people would notice little things like cluster trim headlights and grills

So as I understand it, all I really need is the headlight cover. Is it really neccesary to remove the bumper to install this??

Supraboy80, attached is the pic you requested. The top one is pre 98-2000 (mine), bottom 2001-04. Personally I like the new ones but Id like to know what other people think.

post-1-1070522054.jpg

Do I understand this correctly? I can replace just the covers of my 98 GS400 HID headlights. Mine are a little worse for wear and I would love to replace them. How much do these things cost? Any place online to get them cheap?

Thanks!!!!

Do I understand this correctly? I can replace just the covers of my 98 GS400 HID headlights. Mine are a little worse for wear and I would love to replace them. How much do these things cost? Any place online to get them cheap?

Thanks!!!!

The headlights covers are expensive, expect something like $400 - 500 a set.

Another thing is shipping. These taillights are packed in boxes that are 25" x 16" x 16" each, so shipping will be expensive!

• 3 weeks later...