Tire Pressure Light

HLUCKOFF

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and just got my first Lexus and have a quick question. I changed my tire pressure and found the re set button on the bottom of the dash along with a little yellow light, is this the tire pressure warning light, if it is I can't get it to blink 3 times to show that it is re set, thanks for any help.

• 7 months later...

How do you reset the warning light? I tried following the instructions in the manual but I can't get it to reset. Any advise out there?

Have you check the pressure in all 5 tires (don't forget the spare).

The tire pressure warning system is one of my few complaints about our 2008 ES350. My two GM vehicles do not monitor the spare, but they display the actual pressure of each tire along with the location on the vehicle. There is also a indicator to let you know there is a problem and the Drivers Information Center (DIC) can be used to display the pressure in all four tires.

John

John..thanks for the info on the DIC, I never knew that it would display something like that. As for the spare, yes I did. In fact, I took the car to a Tire Kingdom so that they can properly measure and inflate (or deflate) all the tires (including spare) to the factory settings but still the light is on.

As I mentioned before, I tried to reset the light but its not blinking 3 times and therefore, not resetting itself.

John..thanks for the info on the DIC, I never knew that it would display something like that. As for the spare, yes I did. In fact, I took the car to a Tire Kingdom so that they can properly measure and inflate (or deflate) all the tires (including spare) to the factory settings but still the light is on.

As I mentioned before, I tried to reset the light but its not blinking 3 times and therefore, not resetting itself.

I hope I did not add confusion with information on the DIC. The GM cars have the DIC that display air pressure for each location. The Lexus ES350 does not have this feature for some unknown reason.

Do you have the tires inflated to the recommended pressure? The Tire Pressure Warning System ECU uses the recommended pressure for the threshold. Note - the dealer can adjust this threshold.

You might also try rotating the spare in the trunk so that the valve is closer to the back seat (the Tire Pressure Warning System Receiver is located under the headliner by the rear window).

Make sure the Tire Pressure Warning Select Switch (under the dash on the passenger side) is set to the main position (button should be protruding - Owners Manual pg. 321).

Hope you resolve your problem.

John