Is 250 Tv Commercial

Okay, how many people have seen the IS 250 commerical where the car is being ran around an airport hangar, and this marble is being pushed around by the acceleration of the car? And how many people believe it??????????

The IS250AWD produces less than 165 hp....so how can I believe their commercials!!!!!!!

The IS250AWD produces less than 165 hp....so how can I believe their commercials!!!!!!!

I'm impressed you either found a 4 wheel dyno to test your car (unlikely) or took the time to pull the engine so you could get an accurate reading at the crank (highly unlikely). Kudos.

But no, I haven't seen the commercial. Sounds like a similar theme Lexus ran about 15 (?) years ago, though. Anyone else remember that one?

I'm impressed you either found a 4 wheel dyno to test your car (unlikely) or took the time to pull the engine so you could get an accurate reading at the crank (highly unlikely). Kudos.

================================================================================

=======

You could not figure out that you don't have to do either of these ways you mentioned. I basically drove a number of cars that they--say-- make 165 hp. Unfortunately, the comparison was not in favor of the IS.

FYI I posted a message on this issue and Bartkat replied with a chart from the dyno test of the IS, the chart shows the car does not make 165 hp although the test conditions were not that practical. Now, I am afraid you're gonna say that those cars output hp were underestimated by their manufacturers!

You could not figure out that you don't have to do either of these ways you mentioned. I basically drove a number of cars that they--say-- make 165 hp. Unfortunately, the comparison was not in favor of the IS.

No, not at all. Again, I want to congratulate you on your keen sense of HP ratings. Most people would utilize a more scientific method rather than "feel". Horsepower is defined as work over time, not acceleration.

Now - if you wanted a fast car, you should have paid attention to other factors instead of just HP. And probably test drove a few other models. As far as the other thread you are referring to, I was not aware of it during my original post.

I'm sorry you bought a car you're not happy with. Your *BLEEP*-n-vinegar responses lately give that away.

Guys had 2nd gen IS on dynos within a month after they came out. All it takes is a little research to find their numbers. Some people on the West coast started testing intakes and exhaust pretty quick. Some owners volunteered to use their cars as test vehicles and got before and after dynos.