1996 Ls400 Emblem Removal Question-please Clarify

jaxon

I've read a number of posts, but could not determine if the '96 model emblems on the back of the car had pins behind them. From reading the posts, it appears that the earlier models have pins. I want to remove the "Lexus" and the "LS400" and the large "L" emblems. Only plan on replacing the "L". Thx.

I had the same plan for my 96 until I removed them. I had pins in all of my rear emblems, which would leave holes if you took of the "Lexus" and "LS 400". I have a dark colored car, so I opted for the black chrome emblems which gives a much cleaner appearance than the gold that came on my car.

I had the same plan for my 96 until I removed them. I had pins in all of my rear emblems, which would leave holes if you took of the "Lexus" and "LS 400". I have a dark colored car, so I opted for the black chrome emblems which gives a much cleaner appearance than the gold that came on my car.

Thanks! I have a white car, so I think I'll go back to the original chrome. Too bad. I like the idea of just the "L" but not enough to pay to fill and repaint.

Well, maybe it is just me, but I think there is just about nothing that looks better than shiney gold on shiney black. That color combo has made all the difference in owning my first black car as well as first LS400. I would be willing to look at black chrome, but I think I am a gold man all the way!

post-53431-1201575018_thumb.jpg

post-53431-1201575038_thumb.jpg

post-53431-1201575051_thumb.jpg