Es300 '96 Po135

Hi Folks...

Need some help.

Getting P0135. This indicates is a faulty O2 sensor, specifically, Heater Circuit Malfuntion.

The O2 sensor in question is located at Bank 1 Sensor 1.

Here's the question.

My Lexus manual says it's the sensor located just behind the radiator in the exhaust manifold. (Super easy to get at.)

Others say... This is the O2 sensor that is between the firewall and the engine. (Tough to get at.)

I changed the one by the radiator with a "generic" sensor and after about 25 miles the CEL came back on.

Do you think I changed the correct sensor and if so...are these generic sensors just 'junk?'

Thanks....

Hi Folks...

Need some help.

Getting P0135. This indicates is a faulty O2 sensor, specifically, Heater Circuit Malfuntion.

Here's the question.

My Lexus manual says it's the sensor located just behind the radiator in the exhaust manifold. (Super easy to get at.)

Others say... This is the O2 sensor that is between the firewall and the engine. (Tough to get at.)

I changed the one by the radiator with a "generic" sensor and after about 25 miles the CEL came back on.

Do you think I changed the correct sensor and if so...are these generic sensors just 'junk?'

Thanks....

You changed the wrong one..

Bank 1=the bank 1 cylinder is on

Bank 2=the bank 2 cylinder is on

Regards,

lexushead

ASE/L1 Master

Toyota Lexus Factory Certified Master

www.toyautoservice.com

Hi Folks...

Need some help.

Here's the question.

Thanks....

You changed the wrong one..And you should use OEM parts for this condition...

Bank 1=the bank 1 cylinder is on

Bank 2=the bank 2 cylinder is on

Regards,

lexushead

ASE/L1 Master

Toyota Lexus Factory Certified Master

www.toyautoservice.com