Creaky Seats

I am a new member who bought a 2000 GS 300 back in July and am enjoying it very much. I just have one problem with it. My seats make a gear-like sound when first move from a stop. It is not from the leather, and it is more like the gears inside the seat. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem, if so, what can I do about it? I appreciate any advice. :huh:

I never had this problem on my current cars (GS's), but I did on an Acura. This is what I did, and I hope it helps you too.

Move the power seat all the way forward, then all the way rear a few times. With the seat in the rear position, go under the seat and spray the Lexus recommended lubricant on the rails/teeth. I have used white lithium spray in the past with success. After spraying the rails/teeth, get in and move the seat to max forward and back several times.

If this doesn't work, move the seat to the rear and look closely at the rails/teeth in the position your seat would normally be in. My guess is that you will see actual degradation of the teeth in the area the seat would be in. You can figure out the next step.

Let me know if this helps you, I am curious.

Take care.

Hey,

we had that problem and among other problems which we just got back from the dealer, they said that for them to really fix it means actually removing the seats, and re wiring or putting lub right on it, this would be in the 4 digits...! So, apparently only put some lub all over, and if you do it well, it should be much better. (thats what i plan to do, when i get around to it.)

Hope u gettin this,

later :lol: