Your Hybrid's Color ~ Why?

When the '06 RX-400h came out, the color scheem seemed to be rather limited IMO. But we determined to get one that very year, rather than wait for possibly different colors. Even so, 'she who must be obeyed' wanted GOLD, and it came in Gold anyway. Being thrifty, we decided to buy one with a few miles already on it, to save a few thousand. It took several months to find a used '06 IN '06 with the exact options she wanted and the exact color. So Gold it is.

Since then, she's seen the Lexus color called, "Matador Red Mica " and says "WOW" whenever she sees it. Oh well. It would look nice on the RX-400h ... just as it looks nice on the other Lexus'. But the car's been very reliable, so we plan on keeping it 'till the odometer goes into the SIX digets. So, YOUR color ... are you happy with it? Or if you had your 'druthers ....

The two colors we like are Bamboo Pearl and the light blue that wasn't available with the 400. When I saw a Bamboo Pearl at the auto show in January of 05, I knew this was the color. It actually appears to change color, depending upon the ambient light intensity and angle. Definitely, we didn't want a dark color, primarily because of where we live (the sun shines every day from April until November), so of the light colors, we feel we made a good choice.

Our '08 400 is Matador Red. As soon as I saw it at the dealer, I said WOW, that's what were getting. Fortunately the real decision maker agreed.

Wow! That is nice. It's hard for me to distinguish color from pictures. Is yours different from the Matador red MICA ? ... does yours have pearl / metalic in it? Or are we talkin' the same color.

"The Boss" has always wanted a blue car so she chose Neptune Blue. It's an extremely dark metallic blue that looks blue on sunny days and black on grey days. It's a great color when it's clean, but it's hard to keep it that way during the winter with road salt etc. We love the color, but are frequent visitors to the local carwash!!

Our '08 400 is Matador Red. As soon as I saw it at the dealer, I said WOW, that's what were getting. Fortunately the real decision maker agreed.

Wow! That is nice. It's hard for me to distinguish color from pictures. Is yours different from the Matador red MICA ? ... does yours have pearl / metalic in it? Or are we talkin' the same color.

It is Matador Red Mica. It's hard to tell based on the lighting in the photo but it is a metallic paint. It also looks like a brighter red in the picture than it actually is. It is a fairly bright red but not obnoxious. We've had many compliments. It's also the fastest color!

I also have the Matador Red Mica - and in fact was the first one in the DC area. I love it! None of the 2005/2006/2007 model colors really did anything for me, and as soon as I saw the Color swatches in the 2008 brochure, I knew that the Matador Red was the one I wanted. It sure is a great color!!

I also have the Matador Red Mica - and in fact was the first one in the DC area. I love it! None of the 2005/2006/2007 model colors really did anything for me, and as soon as I saw the Color swatches in the 2008 brochure, I knew that the Matador Red was the one I wanted. It sure is a great color!!

I considered the Matador Red too, but liking Burgundy/Maroon Metallic I decided on the Brandywine Mica. I wont have it until sometime in late February since I wanted the Mark Levinson sound system I had to special order my RX 400h back in November. At that time they had a 08 RX350 in the Brandywine on the lot so I took a picture of it. If I can figure out how i will post it. In the second picture you can see my wife sitting in our (her) 07 Prius the Lexus will be mine, she is totally uninterested and hates to go with me when I buy a new car.

After I closed the deal the dealer told me that their allocation of RX 400h vehicles for the Midwest averages only 4 per month per dealer.

:whistles: :censored::blushing:

post-50281-1201804920_thumb.jpg

post-50281-1201805100_thumb.jpg

post-50281-1201806599_thumb.jpg

" I decided on the Brandywine Mica"

On Lexus's web site, the Brandywine Mica looks like a dark red color (maybe my monitor is not calibrated properly though). Your pictures look more like a metallic brownish color. Is this correct? It looks much nicer than lexus's web pics.

On Lexus's web site, the Brandywine Mica looks like a dark red color (maybe my monitor is not calibrated properly though). Your pictures look more like a metallic brownish color. Is this correct? It looks much nicer than lexus's web pics.

When we looked on the website before we bought, I thought I'd like the Brandywine best. When I got to the dealer and saw both in person, it was the Matador Red hands down. The Brandywine is a deep red burgundy with a brownish hue. The brownish hue is what I didn't like.

When we looked on the website before we bought, I thought I'd like the Brandywine best. When I got to the dealer and saw both in person, it was the Matador Red hands down. The Brandywine is a deep red burgundy with a brownish hue. The brownish hue is what I didn't like.

Yes it does have a brownish hue to it and that is what I did like. To each his own on color, but likewise the Matador red was just too red for me with not enough metallic. The matador red reminded me of the 05 Acura Redondo Red Pearl only with a little less metallic and no pearlescence too it.

However the world would be a dull place if we all liked the same color!!

I dont know why but the Matador Red looks off in some pictures, I think this is a better representation of the color. only too bad it wasnt a littel brighter the day I took the picture.

post-50281-1201989357_thumb.jpg

I dont know why but the Matador Red looks off in some pictures, I think this is a better representation of the color. only too bad it wasnt a littel brighter the day I took the picture.

That is a better representation of the color than my pic. As I said, the bright sun the day I took the pic made it look brighter than it actually is.

• 1 month later...

Hi fellow Lexii owners!

My first post....We just bought our RX400 H yesterday.

Back in Europe we had a RX330 before the hybrid came out, we loved that car.. and now, finally after one other car (FJ cruiser) we got it back, this time as a hybrid.

We really wanted the Brandywine color, which looked beautiful, but we didn't like the Ivory Leather Trim with Light Golden Bird’s-Eye Maple Accent and black dash and silver detail interior mix that was on all the Brandywine models our dealer had..

Personally I don't like wood in interiors, I rather have the all "aluminum" look, but that wasn't available either on the full package car we wanted..

And then we drove home with a Classic Silver Metallic, with Light Gray Leather Trim with Black Bird's-Eye Maple Accent... I never thought I would buy anything in grey leather.. but it suits the silver metallic perfectly, and basically the car is 2 tone.. black and grey...

We're very happy with this color combination.. although the floor mats are already dirty after 30 miles!

Hi fellow Lexii owners!

My first post....We just bought our RX400 H yesterday.

Back in Europe we had a RX330 before the hybrid came out, we loved that car.. and now, finally after one other car (FJ cruiser) we got it back, this time as a hybrid.

We really wanted the Brandywine color, which looked beautiful, but we didn't like the Ivory Leather Trim with Light Golden Bird’s-Eye Maple Accent and black dash and silver detail interior mix that was on all the Brandywine models our dealer had..

Personally I don't like wood in interiors, I rather have the all "aluminum" look, but that wasn't available either on the full package car we wanted..

And then we drove home with a Classic Silver Metallic, with Light Gray Leather Trim with Black Bird's-Eye Maple Accent... I never thought I would buy anything in grey leather.. but it suits the silver metallic perfectly, and basically the car is 2 tone.. black and grey...

We're very happy with this color combination.. although the floor mats are already dirty after 30 miles!

Welcome s10,

We were told that that the "aluminum" look was all that was available in '06, so we got that or nothing. Wana trade? :P We too like the new brandywine color that came out later, but with less than 30K, we won't be up to changing color for a few more years. Hopefully by then, the brandywine will come in a plug-in version ... that would be most excelent! ... because by then, gas will probably be going for $8/gallon, like it is in parts of Europe. I'd love to be averaging over 50mpg in the 400h

Had a white 2004 RX330, which was a beautiful color. When I went to trade it in, I wanted a white 2006 RX400h. Sitting on the dealer's floor was a Bamboo Pearl RX400h with everything I wanted, and I fell in love with it immediately. Needless to say, white left ther equation. The Bamboo Pearl is a very subtle color. Some people don't even realize it's green. They think it's silver.

I thought the Brandywine Mica was a much richer looking color than the Matador Red. I think I would choose it for my next RX, but I wouldn't say no to a good deal on a Matador Red RX.

Had a white 2004 RX330, which was a beautiful color. When I went to trade it in, I wanted a white 2006 RX400h. Sitting on the dealer's floor was a Bamboo Pearl RX400h with everything I wanted, and I fell in love with it immediately. Needless to say, white left ther equation. The Bamboo Pearl is a very subtle color. Some people don't even realize it's green. They think it's silver.

I thought the Brandywine Mica was a much richer looking color than the Matador Red. I think I would choose it for my next RX, but I wouldn't say no to a good deal on a Matador Red RX.

I just took delivery of my 08 RX 400h in Brandywine Mica earlier this month and I love the color, I considered the the Matador Red Mica too, but it was too red and not enough metal flake for me, however I agree it would have been my second choice.

post-50281-1206891772_thumb.jpg

I just took delivery of my 08 RX 400h in Brandywine Mica earlier this month and I love the color, I considered the the Matador Red Mica too, but it was too red and not enough metal flake for me, however I agree it would have been my second choice.

post-50281-1206891772_thumb.jpg

Whoooah !!

I thought brandywine Mica & Matador were the same. THAT's what MY spouse lusts for. That's a great pic! I'm sending it to the boss right now. She'll turn 3 shades of green :P

the day mine was available there was a silver metallic that i had requested and a flint mica that was for some reason still available. since a lady had just walked in off the street and was purchasing one that day without waiting (i had waited a year) the dealer gave me the choice of color. i love the flint mica but thot it would show too much dirt, and i think the sliver metallic looks good with the black and aluminum accents so i went silver. however since there are alot of 400h's on the road in seattle i see a lot of flint micas around and always stop to admire them. i wish there was more of a medium gray available like the lexus thundercloud special edition(rx330). the first time i saw the 400h in Jan of 05 at the seattle auto show it was in a deep navy and i thought that was handsome, it is a hard color to get.

You guys all got to *choose* your color?

AFAICT, as soon as they arrive off the boat in Seattle, you take what they tell you they have <_<

I ordered my Brandywine Mica color and all the options I wanted including the Mark Levinson sound system which they almost never stock. I waited three months to get what i wanted on special order because I want a car to be equipped exactly the way I want it if I am going to spend that much money on it and have it a few years. I almost always do a special order.