Xenon Headlights In Blue?

Hello All! I just purchased a used, excuse me, pre-owned IS350, 2006, after needing $6500 of repairs on my 2000 Jag S-Type. I love the technology in the Lex but am kinda missing my Jag too. :cries: My question is about the headlights -- I don't know much about headlights but was told that my IS has Xenon headlights. I was all excited to see those bright blue looking lights, but they just look like regular headlights to me. Did I get shafted or are there different colors of Xenons? Can I get them changed to blue? Also, on the Nav, is there a way to have the system narrate my drive by voice rather than just showing on the map where I'm supposed to go? THANKS! I'm excited to have found this forum and look forward to reading the posts here! Thanks again, New2Lex

Also, on the Nav, is there a way to have the system narrate my drive by voice rather than just showing on the map where I'm supposed to go? THANKS! I'm excited to have found this forum and look forward to reading the posts here! Thanks again, New2Lex

Did you set a destination? If so, it tells you when a turn is coming up, etc.

You may want to eyeball the manual.

Also, on the Nav, is there a way to have the system narrate my drive by voice rather than just showing on the map where I'm supposed to go? THANKS! I'm excited to have found this forum and look forward to reading the posts here! Thanks again, New2Lex

Did you set a destination? If so, it tells you when a turn is coming up, etc.

You may want to eyeball the manual.

You're right; I need to take the time to read it more carefully. I just noticed that when I set a destination, I saw the graphics on the map but didn't hear anything so that's why I was wondering. I'll put it out tonight and read more carefully. Thanks!

Just thought i'd add that generally the "bluer" the lights the less "bright" they'll be as the gas is heated up to higher temperatures causing luminosity to be lost.

If you have Xenon's you should notice that when you initially start the car they should move (just the Xenon bulbs) and should also be a very blue colour which later turns to a whiter colour once the bulbs have heated up.

The Xenon's won't exactly make the entire road glow however generally they are better than ordinary headlights. However this gap has been closed up by introducing the projector bulb to regular halogen bulbs making the light much more even but still lacks the throw of xenon bulbs.

Comparing Xenon's to a good set of regular bulbs may make the difference harder to tell and in the case of you previously owning a Jag, i'd imagine the setup in that car was pretty good.