Lighter Does Not Work

lexus999

I have a 95 SC400, my cigarette lighter stopped working. I have checked all the fuses under the hood and in the panel inside the car; and there is no burnt fuse. I was told that I need to check the wiring of the lighter. Can someone give me quick instruction on how to get to this wiring (i.e., how to open the console.)

slap a volt meter on the cigarette light wiring if it read 12 volts then it might be the cigarette light that is busted. if not there might be a short somewhere.

I have a 95 SC400, my cigarette lighter stopped working. I have checked all the fuses under the hood and in the panel inside the car; and there is no burnt fuse. I was told that I need to check the wiring of the lighter. Can someone give me quick instruction on how to get to this wiring (i.e., how to open the console.)

slap a volt meter on the cigarette light wiring if it read 12 volts then it might be the cigarette light that is busted. if not there might be a short somewhere.

Thanks straight_6.

Do you know how to open the center console to get to that wiring?

start from your cup holder then slowly work your way up. Also dont for get about the both sides of the console for screws.

Thanks straight_6.

Do you know how to open the center console to get to that wiring?