Loss Of Seat Comfort/durability Over Time

Has anyone with an 02-06 ES found that their driver seat comfort has declined over time?

Just bought an 05 with 30,000 miles on it. of course it is comfortable, but it seems that the support under the buttocks is not as good as newer ones that I have driven (and particularly the new ES350s).

Boston Snowboarder

2005 ES330 Silver/black, heated/ventilated seats

Mine's fantastic (just over 40k miles). I love the power lumbar feature too.....much more comfortable than my 2001 ES....and that was pretty comfortable. Took me some time to adjust the seat (and memory function) to just the way I like it though. ;)

I noticed the new 2007+ ES is more comfortable too....but one would expect that anyways.

:cheers:

Mine's fantastic (just over 40k miles). I love the power lumbar feature too.....much more comfortable than my 2001 ES....and that was pretty comfortable. Took me some time to adjust the seat (and memory function) to just the way I like it though. ;)

I noticed the new 2007+ ES is more comfortable too....but one would expect that anyways.

yeah, I think I need to do some more fiddling around, and then memorize the best settings under memory. I love that the passenger seat has memory too.

Mine has 5 years and over 100k on it and its just fine.

BUT, its moulded to my butt that entire time...

but no sore butt after long drives??? if not, then that is good to hear.

mine has some visible indentations from the previous owner, but I guess it will "re-mold" to mine now! Other than the driver's seat, the other seats look great. I guess if I want to be that picky , I shoud have got a new ES350!

but no sore butt after long drives??? if not, then that is good to hear.

mine has some visible indentations from the previous owner, but I guess it will "re-mold" to mine now! Other than the driver's seat, the other seats look great. I guess if I want to be that picky , I shoud have got a new ES350!

Agreed. ;)

When I got married, the wife & I drove down to Florida (Orlando, Key West & St. Pete's Beach) for our honeymoon (in my previous 2001 ES). Neither one of us complained about the comfort of the seats. I wouldn't be able to say that if we had to ride in my wife's Subaru Forester however lol. :whistles: :lol:

Nope, no problems after long drives and I have chronic back problems.

that's good to hear Steve. That is actually the biggest reason that I went for the ES330. I have bad chronic lower back problems, and I found my dad's ES330 perhaps one of the most comfortable cars to sit in as a passenger but also (at least for brief) trips as the driver. I have not found any other car in the price range with the same comfort. In my previous Honda, I had to keep my (firm bucket seat) seatback reclined pretty far back to be comfortable, but I figure that if I ever got into a head on collision like that, I would be toast! Fortunately it did'nt happen. I can sit pretty comfortably in the lexus at least in the short term - and hopefully for longer trips too.

an update will follow on my hesitation findings under that thread after it has gone through its "re-learning" process...(up to mile 100 now)

Boston Snowboarder