07 Is 250 Heater

I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with their climate control. When using the heater and pointing the air towards your feet, air still comes out of the center air conditioner vents. I know some are is suppose to come out the side vents, but out the center I don't know. I never had a car do this the dealer response was just shut the vents it happens to all IS 250's. I am getting the impression that this car is a lemon. Anyone out have this problem?

I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with their climate control. When using the heater and pointing the air towards your feet, air still comes out of the center air conditioner vents. I know some are is suppose to come out the side vents, but out the center I don't know. I never had a car do this the dealer response was just shut the vents it happens to all IS 250's. I am getting the impression that this car is a lemon. Anyone out have this problem?

I have this problem too. Its annoying but i thought it was regular. Let me know how it turns out.

I have this problem too. Its annoying but i thought it was regular. Let me know how it turns out.

Who knows! their dash is loose and things inside it are loose too. Once I get in this car and hear the noises coming from every where I don't care about heating/cooling. In summer, the air comes out stincky--though for a short period--- I got my IS in 1/30/06 and only made 8k miles.

Who knows! their dash is loose and things inside it are loose too. Once I get in this car and hear the noises coming from every where I don't care about heating/cooling. In summer, the air comes out stincky--though for a short period--- I got my IS in 1/30/06 and only made 8k miles.

Do you still have it?

How do you have your climate control set? Maybe read through the manual and see how it's supposed to function.

Only one way buddy from the nav screen it points to your feet buy it comes out the center ducks anyway. I thought the picture on the screen which shows the air going to your feet was suppose to go to your feet. Is this a special "perfection" feature of this car? It probably another design flaw.

How do you have your climate control set? Maybe read through the manual and see how it's supposed to function.

Only one way buddy from the nav screen it points to your feet buy it comes out the center ducks anyway. I thought the picture on the screen which shows the air going to your feet was suppose to go to your feet. Is this a special "perfection" feature of this car? It probably another design flaw.

Sorry pal I don't think I can help you if you haven't read the manual.

Like what? What are you trying to get Lexus to do?

They can find a real solution to it, they can replace the whole dash. There's always solution to any problem in this world. Infinti has simmilar problem and Lexus can make a taskforce with them.

Remember that companies who care about their reputation and future market have to sacrifice a lot. In this information age where anyone can find a lot of information by simple internet search, in addition to the tough competition in the auto industry any company can lose their market very easily. People, including myself, were thinking Lexus would end the monopoly of Europeans over luxury cars.

I can't count how many of my colleagues, my friends and relatives who know about these annoying noises. HOWEVE, IF LEXUS FINDS A REAL CURE TO THIS ISSUE THEY'ALL HAVE FAITH IN IT AND BUY LEXUS.

Guess what the owners manual says if you want heat at your feet press the button with picture of heat going to your feet. It does not say anything about air coming through the center vents. This the first car I ever had that did this and I have owned many cars. BTW the mechanic at the Lexus dealer said all of the IS's have the same problem. His suggestion was to shut the vents, again another problem they can't solve.

Guess what the owners manual says if you want heat at your feet press the button with picture of heat going to your feet. It does not say anything about air coming through the center vents. This the first car I ever had that did this and I have owned many cars. BTW the mechanic at the Lexus dealer said all of the IS's have the same problem. His suggestion was to shut the vents, again another problem they can't solve.

My old Sentra did that. It had a lever that let in fresh air from outside. In the wintertime, I wondered why the heck the air was so cold coming from that vent, and I kept it closed ever since, which alse kept stinky exhaust out when I had recirculation on. Now the vent only lets ventilation system air through.

No idea if the IS does something similar, just my 2 cents. I haven't made it through my owner's manual yet.

Try running it on automatic.

• 1 month later...

Greentingray is not crazy, as I am seeing the same issue with my new IS 250 '08. This was surprising to me that even though I have the AC on Auto and the temperature outside is 68F, I can set the temperature to 78F and COLD air still comes out the center vents. I have an Acura MDX and other cars and none have cold air coming out the center vents when the heat is on. I did read somewhere that if the sensor detects hotter air inside than outside the air will also come on (shows arrows at both head and feet on NAV), and I believe this is likey b/c of radative heat transfer through the glass making the inside actually hotter. But that is some really COLD air coming in. I was searching this forum for this specific reason and I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I guess this is something that is probably not broken, but something that is intended fuctionality that doesn't quite work as expected.

• 2 weeks later...
Greentingray is not crazy, as I am seeing the same issue with my new IS 250 '08. This was surprising to me that even though I have the AC on Auto and the temperature outside is 68F, I can set the temperature to 78F and COLD air still comes out the center vents. I have an Acura MDX and other cars and none have cold air coming out the center vents when the heat is on. I did read somewhere that if the sensor detects hotter air inside than outside the air will also come on (shows arrows at both head and feet on NAV), and I believe this is likey b/c of radative heat transfer through the glass making the inside actually hotter. But that is some really COLD air coming in. I was searching this forum for this specific reason and I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I guess this is something that is probably not broken, but something that is intended fuctionality that doesn't quite work as expected.

if you look at the owners manual it shows that when air directed to the bottom, some comes from the top as well (small arrows top, large on bottom).

i too find it very annoying

one thing i hate is that the temperature from the top vents seems to be just as hot as the bottom. if the air were a bit cooler it wouldnt be bad.

obvioously manually closing the vents solves the issue, but i hate doing that, because i am manually fiddling with the automatic system.

agree that it it is not broken - just an awful design.

have another vehicle with auto climate, when the cabin reaches set temperature, OUTSIDE air come in to the defroster. ouch, on a cold day it is awful. that system is made by Denso, and this was common for all debso systems around the time.

any idea who makes the lexus system? maybe there is a setting to close the top 100% when air directed to the bottom.