Painting Plastic Area On Grille.

Upon close inspection after washing the car, I noticed a bit of chipping and fading on the black plastic(?) area of my GS' grille. I tried a bit of mothers back to black, but it didn't help much. I'm planning on repainting it black, what type of paint would be best to use for this?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

They make paint additive especially for plastic. I painted some plastic peices for my friends RV and there is an additive available at automotive paint retailers you mix in. I just went out to the garage and looked at my grill and it seems like the grill is powder coated metal, not plastic. It looks to me like a tough job as there are a lot of places the paint to collect and drip. Let us know what you find out.

• 1 month later...

yea painting plastic is tricky and you need to be very careful what paint to use.i know from expereince i had problems with alot of paint going on plastic.

like you said there is a additive to use and thats probably the best way to go.only thing is if hes trying to use spray paint he cant mix anything!