How To Reset Maintenance Alert Appears On Screen

thangtran

you do know the car must be in park and ignition on??????

Thank you for your response , but you might not get my point . in Lexus model 2005 up . computer set up Maintenance schedule alert , it pops off on screen when your car hits 5000 miles from the last oil change or 15000 miles from the last filter replacement , it always appears Alert MANTENANCE REQUIRE when you driving , someone told me to take out battery negative for a while and put back , but i don't think it's the right way , i saw once the Lexus mechanic guy clicked on Navigation button??? or mileage reset button??? when i brought my car back because he forgot to reset Alert . I don't want to pay $135 for oil change at dealer but i don't now how to solve that problem . ThangTran

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know how to reset Maintenance alert appears on screen every 5000 miles or Cabin air filter replacement every 15000 miles . Thank you

I assume you are referring to the dashboard idiot light and not the Nav system calendar-based alert. I just recently bought an '06 SC430 and the dealer had forgotten to reset the Maint Reqd light after the oil/filter was replaced. Fortunately they told me over the phone how to reset the light. Not sure this will work on your model but:

1. Make certain the odometer is set to Odo (not trip A or B)
  2. Insert your key but do not turn on (yet)
  3. Press and hold the odometer reset button
  4. Turn on the key but do not start the engine, continue holding the Odo reset
  5. The odometer should blink or show dashes (mine showed increasing dashes)
  6. After a few seconds, the Maint Reqd will be reset (the odo went all dashes)

I hope that helps if you haven't gotten it reset yet (I see your post was almost a month ago).

I don't know how to reset Maintenance alert appears on screen every 5000 miles or Cabin air filter replacement every 15000 miles . Thank you

I assume you are referring to the dashboard idiot light and not the Nav system calendar-based alert. I just recently bought an '06 SC430 and the dealer had forgotten to reset the Maint Reqd light after the oil/filter was replaced. Fortunately they told me over the phone how to reset the light. Not sure this will work on your model but:

I hope that helps if you haven't gotten it reset yet (I see your post was almost a month ago).