2004 Rx 330 Remote Key

devin_ch

Hi Guys,

I just joined the forum. I bought a used 2004 RX330 but it only came with one master key and I am trying to get another key and have read some posts about cutting/programming the key but I am more confused as to what the best and most economical solution is? I am in toronto, canada.

Thanks all, looking for forward to contribute on this forum!

I was at the dealer today and have 1 key that has a broken plastic housing. They quoted $60 for the housing and $350 for a new complete programmed key assembly. :o

I was at the dealer today and have 1 key that has a broken plastic housing. They quoted $60 for the housing and $350 for a new complete programmed key assembly. :o

This is apparently a fairly common occurrence. The shell back is attached to the front/blade with a small phillips screw, and there isn't much material there. Folks who carry the key in their pockets can put quite a bit of leverage on this inherently weak spot. I bought a back from ebay for less than $20. It was brand new original equipment. Do an ebay search for Lexus key. Put a new back on before the sender gets hurt. Sender replacement is big bucks.

I did get one but both sides of the plastic housing are broken so I'll still have to have the new one cut at the dealer. But it's still cheaper. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same thing (one master key). I was quoted $320 by Bossier City dealer and $270

by Little Rock dealer. I have no idea why there is such a difference. I checked ebay and

found key blanks for sale, but nobody in my town can cut a key like that. I can buy a

genuine Lexus key and the dealer can program it to my car. That is my only option and

I'm too stingy to fork over the cash.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem with only getting one key with our 05 RX330...i bought two remote keys on E-Bay for about $50 each...Bills Lock and Key in Little Rock cut them for $4 each...they are not a special key that requires a "laser cutter" just a small milling machine....I took the car to Landers Toyota and they programmed them for $20 each.

Wow I cant believe that price I am in akron ohio I have had keys made for those cars for alot less. Send me a message or just reply and ill get ya the info.

Dan