Lsd In Turbo Sc300

dcoydad

I have a 95 SC300 with a 71mm turbo, 550 cc injectors, 5spd, borla exhaust, and 18/35/285 tires. She pushes 450HP at 25 boost. The problem is only one tire pulls. What is the best LSD for my SC300? I was told a GS300 rr was LSD and would fit. Anyone have any ideas???

Kaas suck, I had one...They make noise when you turn and are too aggressive.... A bolt on TRD LSD is probably your best call...

I know for my nitrous run SC400 I used a 1995 Supra tt trd LSD (non automatic) and it's been great for years for me..

Your SC300 sounds really fast...Are you running the turbo off a swapped in 2jz motor?

Kaas suck, I had one...They make noise when you turn and are too aggressive.... A bolt on TRD LSD is probably your best call...

I know for my nitrous run SC400 I used a 1995 Supra tt trd LSD (non automatic) and it's been great for years for me..

Your SC300 sounds really fast...Are you running the turbo off a swapped in 2jz motor?

Thanks for the info.... TRD sounds like the way to go. I will keep my eyes open. What HP are you pulling and what kind of times??? Is your SC400 running a 2jz or the V8? Is the SC 400 single track?

Yes, my swap was with a JDM 2jz out of an Aristo. I need to make some runs but I don't expect much better than mid 12s. I can't keep the power on the road with the single track. I am running 285/35/18s on the rear, so the rubber is there. Just added a twin custom Borla exhaust.... good stuff. Very low and mellow but cut back on turbo lag and really helped the flow.

sorry it was kaaz but here's a random link if you do decide to go this route you may need to call and ask for the right application

http://www.frsport.com/KAAZ-DAT3020-2-WAY-...-96_p_8632.html

Thanks for the link. Have you tried one of these? I hope to get some more info. I am not into drifting, more into drag. I wonder if a 1.5 would be a better application. I wonder if the auto and 5sp rear ends are the same...

I run a torsen LSD for many years on my SC400...It drives just like the stock open end differntial....Mine came out of the 1995 Supra tt (auto)... I don't know which ones are compatible with the SC300's....

dcoydad - I am running the stock 1uz-fe V8 motor on the nitrous... I've pushed 350whp and close to 500 torque...Probably run in the high 12's would be my best guess, although i've never timed it... I've modified everything on this SC400 mine...LSD, exhaust, headers, intake, ECU piggy, electrical, lowered, etc... It's good to go and has good off the line traction for an SC4.....

I don't lose too many races just put it that way....

How's your lowend power the 2jz? The knock on the 2JZ's is they are a bit gutless out of the blocks with turbo boost.. I've got a friend laying down 1200hp on a 2jz powered Supra with a huge single turbo setup...He had to run a nitrous shot just to get the turbo to spool and get the car moving from a dead start....It's a track run monster that fly's in the low 9's.......