Can't Get Into My Ls430...dead Battery

greeneyes

I went away for a couple of days, and when I got back, the battery on my 2001 Lexus LS430 was dead. Now, I can not open the door lock for some reason, because the key will not open it. I checked the battery on the key itself, and it is fine. Can someone please help me? I can get to the trunk opened and that's about it. Every piece of advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Do you only have the valet key? You can't manually unlock the doors with the key?

I tried to manually open the doors with the keys. However, I had no luck. I have the actual key with the keyless remote. And, as far as the doors are concerned, only the driver door has a key slot. I tried to lock and then unlock the door lock via the key slot, however, when I turn to unlock, it feels as if something is stopping the key from turning all the way. I was wondering if the anti theft system disables the key from turning?? Thanks for the support. I will check back for more updates or any help.

Thanks

I've had the battery die in my LS and still been able to get into it.

There should be a keyslot for the trunk; look on that lip above where the license plate is. You'll be inserting the key vertically.

As for the driver's door, the key should open it even if the battery is completely dead. Maybe try spraying some WD40 into the lock? Perhaps something has gotten in there and gummed it up?

I tried to manually open the doors with the keys. However, I had no luck. I have the actual key with the keyless remote. And, as far as the doors are concerned, only the driver door has a key slot. I tried to lock and then unlock the door lock via the key slot, however, when I turn to unlock, it feels as if something is stopping the key from turning all the way. I was wondering if the anti theft system disables the key from turning?? Thanks for the support. I will check back for more updates or any help.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
I've had the battery die in my LS and still been able to get into it.

There should be a keyslot for the trunk; look on that lip above where the license plate is. You'll be inserting the key vertically.

As for the driver's door, the key should open it even if the battery is completely dead. Maybe try spraying some WD40 into the lock? Perhaps something has gotten in there and gummed it up?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

I had the same problem today, battery flat, and driver side keylock not unlocking. I could open the trunk though but was not able to open de rear doors through the ski hole.

Almost got so frustrated to smash in the window to open the door when I found a suggestion on another forum (http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/603933-dead-battery-locked-out-help.html).

Luckely I have a tow bar with a 13 pin power plug (jaeger type). On this plug, pin 9 has a direct connection to the battery (grounding at pin 13).

Through this plug I was able to charge the battery somewhat and use the remote to unlock the doors (if you have a scm alarm system make sure you have earplugs as it may trigger the alarm system)

• 2 months later...

..."Almost got so frustrated to smash in the window to open the door"...

a locksmith would be cheaper than a new window.

Impulse control issue? What do you do when the paperboy misses your driveway, shoot him?