New 7.1 Gps Upgrade

BLAISERSC430

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
Hope someone can help me? I just upgraded my original 2002 Lexus SC-430 GPS Disc from the original Ver. 1.0 to the newest, latest, greatest Ver. 7.1 and the maps are awesome. Does any know how to debug the GPS DVD Disc so I can enter address and everything while I'm driving so I don't have to pull over and stop to do it. Thanks for your help.

Blaise

<_<

Can I get a copy also?

Thanks,

Budker@aol.com

• 8 months later...
Hope someone can help me? I just upgraded my original 2002 Lexus SC-430 GPS Disc from the original Ver. 1.0 to the newest, latest, greatest Ver. 7.1 and the maps are awesome. Does any know how to debug the GPS DVD Disc so I can enter address and everything while I'm driving so I don't have to pull over and stop to do it. Thanks for your help.

Blaise

<_<

I've been searching for an upgrade to my 2002 sc430's original DVD nav and have been surfing many boards - where I have learned that (A) Toyota/Lexus is a total rip off for the upgrade price and (B) the COPIES usually don't work fully - - either they don't work at all and then you can't even get your original dvd to work in your car again, or the copy has no points of interest or something.

Then there are those TORENTS that people post so you can download the latest ripped version... WHAT TO DO... nobody seems stupid enough to pay the dealer prices ( unless you are stupid rich) .. so what can we all do to acquire a disk that is really going to work and not have to play russian roulette with our car's dvd system?

IF someone manages to get a working DVD -- then we all should be able to get them and report back - - and some should get a trophy for helping us all out!! I'll keep- checking but I'm not holding my breath. let me know if someone actually is successful in obtaining working copies for the Gen 2/3 nav --- quickclick@gmail.com

A friend took the DVD SCREEN out of his Lexus' dash - inserted a top quality Garmin and is actually better off - it has traffic updates and bluetooth - so the customization was well worth it.

Blaise

<_<

I use a product from VAIS technolgy. works great

Blaise

<_<

I'm also interested in the Ver. 7.1 GPS disc for my 2003 SC430..

Thanks for your help

iomsc430@gmail.com

UPDATE TO THIS POST!

I just got a reply from a guy on Craigslist who will sell me a v8.1 disk (copy) for a Gen 2/3 system for $25!!! Here's his email:

"$25 for the backup disc on DVD+R DL. i tested it on my 2004 gs430, i did not have chance to test on 2003 sc430 so i can not warranty it will work well. however, my friend had 2002 sc430 and it works after few eject and reinsert the disc."

Anyone have any thoughts on this offer?

:huh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...