New 7.1 Gps Upgrade

BLAISERSC430

Hope someone can help me? I just upgraded my original 2002 Lexus SC-430 GPS Disc from the original Ver. 1.0 to the newest, latest, greatest Ver. 7.1 and the maps are awesome. Does any know how to debug the GPS DVD Disc so I can enter address and everything while I'm driving so I don't have to pull over and stop to do it. Thanks for your help.

Blaise

<_<

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read your request and saw this, hope it helps (I got this from another member) I may work for your vehicle. B) I too am looking for a copy of the new update for my 2002 sc430 nav, if you have a copy I'd appreciate one.

Good luck

Poolemn1@roadrunner.com

New Club Member

See Below Instructions

Group: Regular Member

Member No.: 40,331

Car Model:Lexus IS300 SportCross

Hi everybody,

today I want to share a solution for another annoying problem with my Lexus IS MK 1

The motion lock of the OEM satnav!

After surfing for nights and nights thru various lexus enthusiast boards I found a possible solution.

Most of you know probably all the videos from people who where already able to override this dammed motion lock which prevent you from typing in address in your satnav while driving. The problem with these solutions were all the time, that they were done in the RX, LS or GS on a satnav wit a touchscreen. For that reason it was not possible to use it in an IS WITHOUT a touch screen.

Then I found something different, which is so easy that EVERYBODY can activate this solution on his Lexus IS MK 1 OEM satnav and it’s working on my german IS 300 Sportcross from 2003. Mates that's so cooool

Waiting for IS MK 1 driver has reached the end

The good news are, that this solution:

- is for free

- can be activated in under 15 seconds

- does not need to modify you car electric

- does not need to cut wires

- does not cut the speedometer signal

The bad news are (there are always at least one):

- The hidden override function can only be activated while the car is not in motion (but it stays activated until you switch off the ignition)

- It's a tem solution, it has to be activated every time after the car has startet (ignition switch to on)

But activation is so easy, that you got it quickly in your mind…. Once activated ist doesn't matter if you start or stop your navigation system untill you switch of the ignition. Then it has to be activated again (as said befor it can be done in at least 15 seconds)

OK how does it work right now? The trick is that there is a secret menu in the OEM satnav which is only used for maintenance.

In this usually hidden menu you can activate the “Override” function and then……yes then you can drive & put in your destination at the same time.

The activate this menu just follow the below standing stepps (car has to be NOT in motion)

1. Press the "MENU" button

2. Select and press the "DVD" or “CD” icon on the right hand side at very top of the screen

You should see the ver. of software you are currently using.

Do the following things with the youstick (no beeps will be heart)

3. Press the "UP" arrow on the joystick once

4. Press the "DOWN" arrow on the joystick once

5. Press the "UP" arrow on the joystick once

6. Press the "DOWN" arrow on the joystick once

7. Press the "RIGHT" arrow on the joystick once

You should now see the "secret" menu

8. Press and Hold the "OVERRIDE" until the icon turns green.

9. Press the "BACK" icon on the right hand side at very top of the screen

10. Press the “MAP” button to go back to the regular navigation mode

You may now enjoy driving & inputting your destination at the same time!

IMPORTANT:

Please do NOT use any other function in the secret menu beside “Override” In other boards people who have tested around complain about that the whole system has switched to Japanese after pressing other options on the screen. The Lexus dealer was able to reset the system – unfortunately not for free!

So enjoy your 100% usable IS satnav like me and have fun

Best regards from Berlin

Sonnet

Does any know how to debug the GPS DVD Disc so I can enter address and everything while I'm driving so I don't have to pull over and stop to do it. Thanks for your help.

Blaise

Try these recommended solutions:

Wikihow.com: How to Override Lexus Navigation Motion Lock

Hackzine.com: How to disable Lexus and Prius navigation lockout

HowToHandyman.com: How to Override Lexus Navigation Motion Lock

Technorati.com (VIDEO): Lexus and Toyota Nav System Service Menu with GPS Override

Hope the info is helpful.

Hope someone can help me? I just upgraded my original 2002 Lexus SC-430 GPS Disc from the original Ver. 1.0 to the newest, latest, greatest Ver. 7.1 and the maps are awesome. Does any know how to debug the GPS DVD Disc so I can enter address and everything while I'm driving so I don't have to pull over and stop to do it. Thanks for your help.

Blaise

<_<

Blaise - I just posted a request for help installing a 7.1/Gen 5 upgrade with a lockout that allows navigation inputs and use of bluetooth while driving. If you can help me with installation maybe i can help with the software to solve your problem. Let me know.

Here's something I just stumbled upon that might be a solution:

NAV Speed Pulse Generator

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unlock-2004...sspagenameZWD4V

Personally, I'm a little reluctant to install this nav-unlocking device in my SC430. However, the seller has a 99.6% positive Ebay seller rating and lots of favorable feedback from buyers of this device.

If anyone has had any experience with this gizmo, please post.

New Navigation Update DVD Version 7.1 Gen 2,3,4, and 5

I have this upgrade DVD, please pm for detail. This is the latest DVD from Lexus. Covers the SC from 2002-2008.

'02-'04 is Gen 2/3

'05-'08 is Gen 4

Or you can contact me by email

discquestions AT gmail DOT com

• 4 weeks later...

Blaise

<_<

Hey Blaiser...I have an 02 SC430 and looking for the newest version. What generation GPS system is our vehicle? Thanks!!

Blaise

<_<

Hey Blaiser...I have an 02 SC430 and looking for the newest version. What generation GPS system is our vehicle? Thanks!!

Generation 2/3 is the Generation for my 2002 SC-430

Blaise

• 2 months later...

Blaise

<_<

BLAISERSC430

I as well have a 2002 SC430 and the traditional volume screen override command did not work for me. I found that you use the following commands.

1 Press MENU

2 Press DVD

3 Press Upper Left, Lower Left, Upper Left, Lower Left

4 Press Lower Right

Hope it helps.

I m interested in the copy of latest navigation DVD. Please email me at lavadia2003@yahoo.com

Nice maps will sure be easy on my eyes and add to the cool factor....

Thanks

Blaise

<_<