Front License Plate

Diceguy

I'm new to the Lexus Owners Club so haven't used the forums before. I hope my question isn't too trivial for all of the experts that read the postings: how do I attach a license plate to the front of a 2003 Lexus ES300? I've got the mount (including the supplied screws) but there doesn't appear to be any holes in the bumper or grille to which the mount would attach. Do I have to drill holes into the bumper for the screws?

I'm new to the Lexus Owners Club so haven't used the forums before. I hope my question isn't too trivial for all of the experts that read the postings: how do I attach a license plate to the front of a 2003 Lexus ES300? I've got the mount (including the supplied screws) but there doesn't appear to be any holes in the bumper or grille to which the mount would attach. Do I have to drill holes into the bumper for the screws?

Call a Lexus dealer near you to see if they can mount it for you at no charge. a lot of dealers will mount because they consider it as a courtesy and a quick job. some dealers will offer to do that when you buy a new car.

• 1 year later...

Call a Lexus dealer near you to see if they can mount it for you at no charge. a lot of dealers will mount because they consider it as a courtesy and a quick job. some dealers will offer to do that when you buy a new car.

Had this very problem and took car to my local dealership. They were very nice about it and drilled the two missing holes in the bumper and mounted the frame and plate for free. Compensated for $72 for the new frame and a $30 ticket that was NOT correctable (mechanical violation). Hard times are making all communities find new ways to generate revenue. They are pressing the front plate issue so they can nail you withthe intersection cameras going up all over. Yet another nickel & dime racket.

They should be out looking for criminals.

They should be out looking for criminals.

Webster's dictionary definition of the word "crime": "an act or the commission of an act that is forbidden or the omission of a duty that is commanded by a public law and that makes the offender liable to punishment by that law".