Carbongs' Gs4 Under Construction Again

Well most of you know that I have 2 GS-es, a GS3 and a GS4. Well, the GS3 is sitting in the garage undergoing some engine bay cosmetic upgrades among other things. The GS4, however, is getting another phase change!

Can you guess what is getting done to the GS4?

This is the GS3 as last seen

Day47.jpg

The GS4 as last seen looked like this

DSCN8561.jpg

Here are pics of the GS4 today at my shop where we have torn it apart starting the change process.

DSCN9134.jpg

DSCN9133.jpg

DSCN9136.jpg

DSCN9135.jpg

DSCN9132.jpg

Now the trunk set up is just stupid. This ginormous box has got to go. I will be making a new custom box and making it a more clean install with some room for groceries.

DSCN9137.jpg

Give me a couple of weeks guys to complete the GS4. The GS3 will be ready to come out and play again in the next couple of days.

hey thanks guys again for your feedback, here are the updates from today. did the trunk today. i know it isn't 100% professional. it works for me though. clean, simple, and i still have room for groceries.

here's the box before i did anything with it. just crazy big and no room for anything.

DSCN9137-1.jpg

so, i cut the box in the rear to the depth specified applicable on crutchfield for my speakers and then resealed it. i wanted to make sure they had enough room to hit hard but also give me my trunk space back.

DSCN9138.jpg

from further away

DSCN9139.jpg

I made a faceplate for my system by using 1/2" mdf particle board.

DSCN9140.jpg

testing out the amp location

DSCN9141.jpg

This is the result

DSCN9142.jpg

Closer up, I know I need to clean up more i.e. vacuum up all the mess.

DSCN9143.jpg

Well, i've gotten a lot done today at the shop with the help of Bucky (owner and operator of SuperStar-Customs).

SuperStar-Customs of Duluth (pm me for quotes) tinted the tail lights for the GS4. We did a simple smoke and clear. It is about 20% tint comparable to window tint.

DSCN9159.jpg

I put the rear seats back together and buttoned her all up.

DSCN9160.jpg

Painted the calipers red with a cheap Duplicolor brush on kit. Should look nice sitting behind the black Donz Montanas.

DSCN9157.jpg

DSCN9158.jpg

These are all the pieces that Bucky has primed to paint black to match the car. I wetsanded them prior to primer.

DSCN9144.jpg

Hooked back up the Kenwood double din dvd receiver. Armando Perea of Precision Audio (pm me for quotes) did the initial wiring up of the head unit.

DSCN9149.jpg

This was the bass remote knob that i was talking about earlier. CarbonIS had the idea to put it in the ashtray. I just executed the install.

DSCN9152.jpg

DSCN9154.jpg

Here are the new H.I.D. ballasts from Nitro-H.I.D. (pm me for quotes) they are shiney and polished. I got 6000k's.

DSCN9155.jpg

DSCN9156.jpg