Oem Radio Install

6005bc

I have had trouble with the driver side front and rear speakers not working, took the truck to dealer and they said that the radio was the problem, so I have bought a replacement radio and amp...I'm going to try and install myself...Question, how do you remove the dash panel that holds the radio and where is the amp located. Thanks

Figured it out, Done...anyone know where the radio amp is located and how to remove the front and rear door panels in order to check the speakers?

You can get to it and unplug it by removing the front right dash speaker cover, and you will see it. I don't think you can actually remove it through there though, may have to take off some extra parts for that.

I installed an aftermarket stereo a couple of months ago and have a aftermarket amp. I used the crutchfield wire harness kit, which leaves the OEM amp hooked up. May have something to do with the output voltage (4 instead of 2 that some of the cheaper units had) of stereo I bought, but the whole system sounds clean and cranks.

Figured it out, Done...anyone know where the radio amp is located and how to remove the front and rear door panels in order to check the speakers?

You can get to it and unplug it by removing the front right dash speaker cover, and you will see it. I don't think you can actually remove it through there though, may have to take off some extra parts for that.

I installed an aftermarket stereo a couple of months ago and have a aftermarket amp. I used the crutchfield wire harness kit, which leaves the OEM amp hooked up. May have something to do with the output voltage (4 instead of 2 that some of the cheaper units had) of stereo I bought, but the whole system sounds clean and cranks.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated...looks like I will have to take the glove compartment door off and a couple more srews...does that speaker cover just pop off??

Thanks for the help, much appreciated...looks like I will have to take the glove compartment door off and a couple more srews...does that speaker cover just pop off??

I'm pretty sure it does. I'll see if I can find the instructions on it and post back tomorrow, but IIRC you pop it off with a screw driver.