Speaker Cover Broken, Need Help Fastening It On!

zervo33

I have a 1990 LS 400 and a friend of mine apparently slammed the right rear door too hard and apparently caused the speaker cover pins to snap off. The cover it self is in good shape but the plastic pins on the back are broken off. I only found one pin, and was thinking of super glue. The only problem is im not sure i can glue it on without glueing the whole cover to the door panel, cause i think i will just lose the pin in the process of attempting to glue it back. The only other solution would be to take off the entire door panel and use a twist ties through the holes in the door panel where the former pins fit and the grill of the speaker cover under the fabric covering the cover itself. I dont want to remove the door panel. Is there any other way to do this!!! :unsure:

I hear ya on the door panel removal, but to do it right, that's what must be done.

I just bought a speaker grill for my driver's door and was surprised it was only about $20.00. Once I get the time, I'll remove the door panel and replace the speaker cover (grill).

Eddie