Sc400 Lifter Noise

Toyofreak

I have not ran my sc for about a week, when I started it up today to go for a ride, it sounded like the valves were knocking pretty bad is this ok or is there maybe something wrong. As always it ran fine going down the freeway, this just happened upon start up. Smelled like it was running alittle bit rich also. Temp was about 38 most of the week also, if this matters. Car has about 165000 on it also.

Just wondering Thanks,

I have not ran my sc for about a week, when I started it up today to go for a ride, it sounded like the valves were knocking pretty bad is this ok or is there maybe something wrong. As always it ran fine going down the freeway, this just happened upon start up. Smelled like it was running alittle bit rich also. Temp was about 38 most of the week also, if this matters. Car has about 165000 on it also.

Just wondering Thanks,

What year is your SC.? Check the Oil Level and what does it look like..? Check your Timing Belt, Distributors and Rotors.

Our cars have no lifters...

But I know reshimming the valvetrain is part of what they check for on scheduled maintenance.

Oh okay, do you guys know if this year is the none interference type of engine????