Abs Light On After Some Repair On Car

97 es300. I got the front struts replaced and the rear rotors turned and new rear brakes. After I got the car back, the ABS light was on.

The mechanic said it is normal sometimes and should go off in a day or two, He said if it didn't then bring it back.

Is this really normal?

97 es300. I got the front struts replaced and the rear rotors turned and new rear brakes. After I got the car back, the ABS light was on.

The mechanic said it is normal sometimes and should go off in a day or two, He said if it didn't then bring it back.

Is this really normal?

Um no--I would almost gaurantee he broke the harness on one of the front speed sensors during your strut replacement..It amazes me what some "mechanics" will tell their customers...

Best wishes,

lexushead

ASE Master/L1

Toyota/Lexus Factory Certified Master

Is it easy to fix? Is a new harness needed or can it be fixed easily?

And can this affect the ABS while currently driving?

The ABS light being on indicates there is a malfinction in the system..The ABS system automatically goes into failsafe mode which means it will NOT work..Assuming you do not know how to pull codes for this the easiest way would be to ohm out the front speed sensors..simply unplug the fornt sensors-the connector is up in the fender splash shield--and using an ohmmeter measur the resistence of each sensor--if you have no reading then there is an open circuit..The harness is part of the speed sensor..My suggestion would be to not go back to the person who did your repairs unless you want other repairs that he caused....Hope that helps..

Best wishes,

lexushead

ASE Master/L1

Toyota/Lexus Factory Certified Master