Double Din Dvd Install

Here are some pics of my double din dvd player install. I decided to go aftermarket because I've had 2 factory cd changers go bad and didn't want to buy another.

I did it myself using some instructions I found on LOC and CL. Its a 2000 GS300 and I bought the unit off of gooddeals18.com. It works great considering it was only $299 with bluetooth built in. However, the bluetooth works but I can't be heard on the other end of my phone call. They are giving me a $60 credit which brings my price to only $239, which is the price of the exact same player they have w/o bluetooth. This is my first radio install, it took a little research finding how to splice into car speakers but it wasn't that bad. Let me know what you think. Also, I'm getting some static in my speakers, maybe someone can give me some ideas of why. I'm an electrician by trade and I'm 99.9% sure everything is wired correctly you know neg to neg and pos to pos. What could be causing static??? Let me know what you

think.

post-31597-1201308594_thumb.jpg

post-31597-1201308622_thumb.jpg

I'm no electrician but I am curious... were the speaker wires shielded? If so, did you splice shield to shield as well as speaker leads? I would expect the static is coming from the engine. Any change in static associated with RPM or speed?

How will you resolve the bluetooth issue? Seems useless if the other party cannot hear you.

Nice job on the installation - looks professional.

Here are some pics of my double din dvd player install. I decided to go aftermarket because I've had 2 factory cd changers go bad and didn't want to buy another.
I did it myself using some instructions I found on LOC and CL. Its a 2000 GS300 and I bought the unit off of gooddeals18.com. It works great considering it was only $299 with bluetooth built in. However, the bluetooth works but I can't be heard on the other end of my phone call. They are giving me a $60 credit which brings my price to only $239, which is the price of the exact same player they have w/o bluetooth. This is my first radio install, it took a little research finding how to splice into car speakers but it wasn't that bad. Let me know what you think. Also, I'm getting some static in my speakers, maybe someone can give me some ideas of why. I'm an electrician by trade and I'm 99.9% sure everything is wired correctly you know neg to neg and pos to pos. What could be causing static??? Let me know what you

think.

post-31597-1201308594_thumb.jpg

post-31597-1201308622_thumb.jpg

I soldered the wires together and put an environmental splice over them, I had one of the speaker leads wired wrong, so much for 99.9%. Sounds a lot better. As for the bluetooth, I tried to get an external mic but there is no place to plug it in... so I got an adaptor to plug into the rca jacks but it still doesn't work. I'll probably just end up getting a motorola car kit or something? Any recommendations for a bluetooth car kit???

• 6 months later...

Where did you get the bezel? The ones I have seen, come in black only. Did you find the paint that matches the console? Just curious, i'm getting ready to install a double-din uniy in my GS. That bezel you have looks nice and matches. Let me know where to get it. Thanks

SternErn

• 2 months later...
Where did you get the bezel? The ones I have seen, come in black only. Did you find the paint that matches the console? Just curious, i'm getting ready to install a double-din uniy in my GS. That bezel you have looks nice and matches. Let me know where to get it. Thanks

SternErn

I got it from carson toyota, its been a while but I believe the website is carsontoyota.com