Gx470. Estimated Travel Time Wrong?

I have a GX470 and was traveling about 280 miles on a trip. The distance was correct, but the estimated travel time was WAY off. It seemed like it was about double of the time it would take. For example 280 miles at 70mph showed as 8 hours not 4.

Any ideas?

I have a GX470 and was traveling about 280 miles on a trip. The distance was correct, but the estimated travel time was WAY off. It seemed like it was about double of the time it would take. For example 280 miles at 70mph showed as 8 hours not 4.

Any ideas?

Not sure if your is the same but on my RX it has preset speeds. They normally are low. Example: highway 55mph not 60 or 70. If you go in and adjust the speeds so that they are more in line with the way you drive it will help. Mine still overestimates the time it will take.

I thought it would make an adjustment based on how fast you were actually traveling. That is how my friend's Denali Nav seems to work.

Any ideas?

Not sure if your is the same but on my RX it has preset speeds. They normally are low. Example: highway 55mph not 60 or 70. If you go in and adjust the speeds so that they are more in line with the way you drive it will help. Mine still overestimates the time it will take.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought it would make an adjustment based on how fast you were actually traveling. That is how my friend's Denali Nav seems to work.

Any ideas?

So ask yourself this first, "How can it know the ETA before I begin driving?" The answer is, the system has some general parameters it uses to the make the initial calculations. As the other respondendent noted... adjust your SET SPEED to match your driving habits. I am sure the Denali has the same feature since the software/hardware are made by the same company.