Rx400h Bodykits

Hi All,

I am getting my 400h soon, and looking for a bodykit for it, I know there is not a lot out there for the RX, but people are saying the front lip, side skirt, and rear lip will fit on both RX330/350, does anyone know about this? I only know the fog lights are different, but how about the edges of the bumper? Are they the same? It will be nice if I can see more pictures on it, please share the pix with me~~ Thanks the help~

1. Tom's Racing front lip, side skirt, rear lip (ABS)

2. Wald RX Sports Line (FRP)

Andy

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/struct.p...3&cat_id=12

Andy,

This site has some really nice body kits. I do have a concern about the fog lights and even though this site has the kits listed as fitting both 330,350 and 400h, the fog lights are different and I would ask more about that aspect. Also remember that the bumper is different on our 400h and needs that extra lower grill to allow for more air for the hybrid system. Notice that that extra grill s not on either the 330 or the 350, look at the pictiure of my car on this post...it's the grill that the license is mounted over...... Just be careful and good luck....and have fun! If you do any body mods please let us see! Rey Bustos in sunny L.A....well, it's been very rainy lately but...ya know what I mean....

post-26996-1205982736_thumb.jpg

Andy,

This site has some really nice body kits. I do have a concern about the fog lights and even though this site has the kits listed as fitting both 330,350 and 400h, the fog lights are different and I would ask more about that aspect. Also remember that the bumper is different on our 400h and needs that extra lower grill to allow for more air for the hybrid system. Notice that that extra grill s not on either the 330 or the 350, look at the pictiure of my car on this post...it's the grill that the license is mounted over...... Just be careful and good luck....and have fun! If you do any body mods please let us see! Rey Bustos in sunny L.A....well, it's been very rainy lately but...ya know what I mean....

Rey,

Very nice to meet you, I am from Vancouver, B.C, Canada, and it's cold here~~~ I did e-mail and question them if they are perfect fit, and they just confirmed that all aero kits will fit the RX400h, but no one has ordered any kit from them for the RX400h. I am pretty sure the side skirt and rear lip should be alright, just worry about the front lip fitment. Since they don't have any picture of the kit on 400h, I will just have to wait, or order the the one with fiber glass, since it's easy to fix~ or I should drop by at the dealer again and take a closer comparsion with those two bumpers. By the way, does anyone know if the LOCKPICK will work on the new 08 400h?

Andy

Andy,

Rey,

Very nice to meet you, I am from Vancouver, B.C, Canada, and it's cold here~~~ I did e-mail and question them if they are perfect fit, and they just confirmed that all aero kits will fit the RX400h, but no one has ordered any kit from them for the RX400h. I am pretty sure the side skirt and rear lip should be alright, just worry about the front lip fitment. Since they don't have any picture of the kit on 400h, I will just have to wait, or order the the one with fiber glass, since it's easy to fix~ or I should drop by at the dealer again and take a closer comparsion with those two bumpers. By the way, does anyone know if the LOCKPICK will work on the new 08 400h?

This is the OEM Kit

http://www.ebodykit.com/index_eproduct_img...ao_Rearlip1.JPG

http://www.ebodykit.com/index_eproduct_img...h_Frontlip1.jpg

Andy

post-63138-1201313371_thumb.jpg

post-63138-1201313378_thumb.jpg

post-63138-1201313385_thumb.jpg

Andy, I love the front addition, what was that from? How much? Do they paint them to match our color? Rey

I think they are like 250US shipped, it come with unpainted I think! I also e-mail the Ecarboy, they are located in Hong Kong though. Anyway, so far...at least the OEM front lip fits perfectly, side skirt looks good and I love the rear lip!

Andy

Yes, I just got an email from Kenny, the sales rep for "EBODYKIT", and it is indeed only $249 including shipping! I would imagine it's unpainted and I hope it's easy to put on. I wonder how much the painting would be?...anyway, I like it too much to care, I'm getting the front lip. I think it looks great! Thanks so much for turning me onto them, what a great price! Take care, Rey

I just ordered the front lip. I found it on ebay for $149 + $99. shipping...$248. I'lll get it painted , install then I will post pictures if all goes well. Rey

Yes, I just got an email from Kenny, the sales rep for "EBODYKIT", and it is indeed only $249 including shipping! I would imagine it's unpainted and I hope it's easy to put on. I wonder how much the painting would be?...anyway, I like it too much to care, I'm getting the front lip. I think it looks great! Thanks so much for turning me onto them, what a great price! Take care, Rey

Hi Rey,

I got the e-mail from Kenny too, guess it cost more to ship it to Canada, OEM shuold have the best fitment, and shouldn't cost you that much for the paint. Make sure to post some pix after~ I will have wait another month to get my 400h ><

Andy

Very nice to meet you, I am from Vancouver, B.C, Canada, and it's cold here~~~ I did e-mail and question them if they are perfect fit, and they just confirmed that all aero kits will fit the RX400h, but no one has ordered any kit from them for the RX400h. I am pretty sure the side skirt and rear lip should be alright, just worry about the front lip fitment. Since they . . . . . snip

By the way, does anyone know if the LOCKPICK will work on the new 08 400h?

Andy

First, someone posted that the length of the 400h is slightly longer, so I'd check out if thats true ... I don't know. Second, as to lockpick, it works great for our '06 but I'd call and talk to them in person about changes on the 08's. Some have got their shorts all bunched up over slow email response time. But hey! If you're the only game in town . . . mom & pop store with another job, heck, I give'em a little slack ;)

and welcome to the group!

I just ordered the front lip. I found it on ebay for $149 + $99. shipping...$248. I'lll get it painted and instal then I will post pictures if all goes well. Rey

That was you!! Cool~~ I also found it on ebay, I think it's better to order it from a Japan seller~ I will ask him if he has more later on! I think that's the best fit lip~

Andy

Yes, that was me! I bought it through the Japan seller and through eBay. It should be easy to get painted and easy to install. It is ONLY for the 400h as the picture shows, even the same color, Savannah Metalic....even though I'll have to get it painted, it was great to see the example be the same exact color as my car! This whole thing should take a couple of months...shipping, painting, etc. I asked them to give me a price to have them painted but I haven't heard back yet. Rey

Yes, that was me! I bought it through the Japan seller and through eBay. It should be easy to get painted and easy to install. It is ONLY for the 400h as the picture shows, even the same color, Savannah Metalic....even though I'll have to get it painted, it was great to see the example be the same exact color as my car! This whole thing should take a couple of months...shipping, painting, etc. I asked them to give me a price to have them painted but I haven't heard back yet. Rey

Cool~~ by the way, do have the step bar on your car? I can't really see it from the pix, guess that's why you can't put the side skirt on? and how does those bar help?

Andy

Yes, I have side chrome bars called Nerf Bars. If you look carefully I have also taken off the (to me) ugly roof rack and it makes the car look so much better. Anyway, I don't know how much it will cost to have the front lip painted, any ideas anyone? ..but the price was so good for the piece,$149, that I'll find out and have it done. I live in L.A. so there's tons of places around...remember, someone poured acid all over my car this past summer so I am used to having to take the car in for paint! That was a real high end place and far so I won't take it there. I'll find a place close to where I live. I think it should be easy enough for me to install though. I'll have to look at the design and hopefully it uses existing bolt placements.. I have pictures on my new tires and such on this site so you can see not only my great Toyo Proxes S/T tires,255/55, 18" , but also mud flaps, the chome nerf bars, the hybrid emblems and the lack of roof rack. I can't wait for the front lip. It's the best I've seen! Take care, Rey Bustos in sunny...er... ...rainy L.A. Jan.2008

Yes, I have side chrome bars called Nerf Bars. If you look carefully I have also taken off the (to me) ugly roof rack and it makes the car look so much better. Anyway, I don't know how much it will cost to have the front lip painted, any ideas anyone? ..but the price was so good for the piece,$149, that I'll find out and have it done. I live in L.A. so there's tons of places around...remember, someone poured acid all over my car this past summer so I am used to having to take the car in for paint! That was a real high end place and far so I won't take it there. I'll find a place close to where I live. I think it should be easy enough for me to install though. I'll have to look at the design and hopefully it uses existing bolt placements.. I have pictures on my new tires and such on this site so you can see not only my great Toyo Proxes S/T tires,255/55, 18" , but also mud flaps, the chome nerf bars, the hybrid emblems and the lack of roof rack. I can't wait for the front lip. It's the best I've seen! Take care, Rey Bustos in sunny...er... ...rainy L.A. Jan.2008

Cool~ those bar look pretty good on it, does it help too? Guess that's why you can't put the side skirt on >< I found a spring kit for 400h that drops about 1.5", but don't know if it's a good idea, hope I can get my car soon so I will know it better! Good info on the tires too! Heard a lot people saying the stock tire sucks...does it affect anything when you put on a bigger size one?

Andy

I love the nerf bars but had to get used to swinging my legs a little further out as I got out of my vehicle. It makes it easy to clean the roof as well and generally I like modifying my vehicles. I think the bars just look better. I love the Toyo tires and they feel better and look better being slightly bigger. No effects on MPG, good or bad, and generally the car feels so much betetr in every way. Now when I take curves the car feels better. Our 400h isn't a sports car so I am reminding you that it is a tall vehicle but the difference from before was immediate and very rewarding. Great tires and they are highly rated even though they aren't included in the Tire Rack comparison, which is a shame because I can say that they would be right up there with anything that Tire Rack has...Bridgestone Alenzas, Good Year Tripple Tread, anything! Read up on Toyo Proxes S/T, tires and you'll be pleasantly surprized. Plus I think they look fabulous. They are too aggressive looking for some but then this is why we all wear different shoes, etc. personal choice. I am getting the front lip and most people wouldn't mess with the design of the car but I feel every car can stand a little improvement albeit, by the judgement of its owner. Toodle-loo, Rey

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rey,

Any update on your front lip? I found out there is an OEM one that looks kind of weird. Anyway, I am going to order the full kit when I got my car this month, and I will post some pix for sure!! At the mean time, I have asked the seller if he can find any 400h with the lip we like and I will post the pix once I got them. For now...here is the front lip from Japan.

Andy

post-63138-1202836792_thumb.jpg

Yes! I got it yesterday and it's in the shop now. I will have it all done by tomorrow and will be posting pictures soon! So keep your fingers crossed and hopefully it'll look great. I'll give you the itemized list, total price and all that jazz. I have seen the front lip pictured above but felt it would hit too many moderately sloped driveways. The one that I got looks ,to me, more like the way Lexus would have done it...if they took more time designing the exteriors that is. It's closer to hugging the same contour so that there won't be any issue with drive ways or too much additional drag if any. There are vertical cross bars though that aren't in the picture! They look cool but I just don't like it when I get something that isn't exactly like the picture in the ad. That's why I am glad to be the guinea pig and let all of you decide if it's something you might want to do. I don't mind. That's what these forums are great for! Rey

Yes! I got it yesterday and it's in the shop now. I will have it all done by tomorrow and will be posting pictures soon! So keep your fingers crossed and hopefully it'll look great. I'll give you the itemized list, total price and all that jazz. I have seen the front lip pictured above but felt it would hit too many moderately sloped driveways. the one that I got looks ,to me, more like the way Lexus would have done it...if they took more time designing the exteriors that is. Rey

Awsome!! Looking forward to see it!!

Andy

Well, here it is! Look at my post entitled "new front lip" and see the itemized list. The car is transformed and I love it! But please be aware that if you look at this lip and the one that is on page one of this thread you'll see that they ARE DIFFERENT. I actually like the one that's on my car a little better than the one in the ad, but please be aware of that fact. Mine also came with four vertical thin bars that were in the large center air scoop which I blacked out,which is why you can't see them in this picture. Rey

post-26996-1202958330_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know I have this on my post "New Front Lip"..but just in case anyone wants to see the new front end that i put together, here it is. It is really nice and looks great in person. Rey Bustos

post-26996-1203897704_thumb.jpg

I know I have this on my post "New Front Lip"..but just in case anyone wants to see the new front end that i put together, here it is. It is really nice and looks great in person. Rey Bustos

Cool pix! I am about to order mine, how's the fitmant for the lip? and you put a mesh on behind the bars?

Andy

It's not perfect but I added the chrome trim to blend the two together. The mesh come with the lip and I didn't think I would like it so I put it aside for a while. I placed it under there just to see how I might like it and I was pleasantly surprised and decided to put it on. It was easy and the screw holes are already on the back of the piece. With a good body shop let them know that it needs to placed just right since the fitment is a little off. Not bad and I made it look great on my own but I am pretty handy. Color matching should be easy and mine is perfect. They not only took down the color code but even took off the front cover to the headlight squirter to make sure that it matched perfectly. I am really happy with it but remember that all in all it cost about $1000. The $149 for the part was great but it's all of the other stuff that runs it up. Let me know what your body shop charges and how they do. After that you might want to add the chrome trim, which you get at any car shop like Pep Boys. I think that you can see it on the picture that I have here. Good luck and let us know all the details. I think more people will do this. It looks GREAT and it makes my car unique from the other RXes around my area. I live in a really nice area so there are many luxury cars and many RXes so I like standing out! Rey

post-26996-1203953644_thumb.jpg