Locking/unlock "beep" Volume Knob Location

Hi all,

I can't seem to find the knob which allows you to lower or higher the "beep" sound when you lock/unlock the door with the remote. I have a 01 GS430 and my dad's 02 LS430 and wife's 02 ES300 are both located under the steering column and very easy to spot. Even sister's 01 LX470 ( I know I know, we are one big happy Lexus family) are within the same vicinity. Am I missing something with the GS430 or is it hidden behind the plastic covers somewhere? Thanks.

Hey B2 I had an '01 GS300 and I tried in vain trying to find that wheel under the dash. It'll be interesting to see where it is, because if I remember correctly the manual states that it is under the dash. I hope someone can help ya with it because I surely did not find it.

Hi all,

I can't seem to find the knob which allows you to lower or higher the "beep" sound when you lock/unlock the door with the remote. I have a 01 GS430 and my dad's 02 LS430 and wife's 02 ES300 are both located under the steering column and very easy to spot. Even sister's 01 LX470 ( I know I know, we are one big happy Lexus family) are within the same vicinity. Am I missing something with the GS430 or is it hidden behind the plastic covers somewhere? Thanks.

Can someone tell me why people are so concerned with adjusting the volume of this "beep?" There seems to be a new post about this topic every three days on this forum. A savvy forum member could probably use the Search function to find the answers he/she is looking for... :whistles:

Hi all,

Can someone tell me why people are so concerned with adjusting the volume of this "beep?" There seems to be a new post about this topic every three days on this forum. A savvy forum member could probably use the Search function to find the answers he/she is looking for...:whistles:

that is true but he is on his 3rd post..oh so am i :)

• 3 weeks later...
Go to your Lexus dealer ask for CBERT owner options ..they can change that plus other stuff

Kurt is right, it will take a tech about 10-15 minutes to run through and program options such as hazard flashing and un/lock beeping, i turned my off for a few days, but i noticed that i was always checking to see if it was locked or not cause i couldn't remember hearing the beep, so i went back and turn the volume to it's lowest setting. Other options include auto-lamps, keyless, entry illumination, etc. Let me know if you have any questions, i work at a Toyota dealer so it's easy for me to hook mine up to the techstream.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any options that control the front doors lock/unlock? Both front doors decided not to work with my remote. I can see one actuator going out but two at once? Is there a fuse or something for the ECU?

TIA

Paul

Go to your Lexus dealer ask for CBERT owner options ..they can change that plus other stuff

Kurt is right, it will take a tech about 10-15 minutes to run through and program options such as hazard flashing and un/lock beeping, i turned my off for a few days, but i noticed that i was always checking to see if it was locked or not cause i couldn't remember hearing the beep, so i went back and turn the volume to it's lowest setting. Other options include auto-lamps, keyless, entry illumination, etc. Let me know if you have any questions, i work at a Toyota dealer so it's easy for me to hook mine up to the techstream.