Recent Problem With Driver's Electric Seat Adjuster

Recently, the control that lets me move the seat closer to or farther away from the steering wheel would stick and the seat would keep moving in that direction until you forced the handle the opposite way. It was also at this same time that the seat would not move at all during the push of one of the saved settings buttons (1 or 2). When the forward/backward seat control resumed working properly (i.e., no longer sticking), the seat adjust function again resumed being part of the overall routine saved in the saved settings buttons.

What component is getting ready to fail?

thanks!

Recently, the control that lets me move the seat closer to or farther away from the steering wheel would stick and the seat would keep moving in that direction until you forced the handle the opposite way. It was also at this same time that the seat would not move at all during the push of one of the saved settings buttons (1 or 2). When the forward/backward seat control resumed working properly (i.e., no longer sticking), the seat adjust function again resumed being part of the overall routine saved in the saved settings buttons.

thanks!

Same thing that happened to my driver seat...I think that the switch.

thanks!

Same thing that happened to my driver seat...I think that the switch.

Is this an easy do-it-yourself fix? can parts be found on eBay?

• 2 months later...

OK, now the problem is full-blown. I can only adjust the seat with the switch between the driver's seat side and the door. The switch still sticks, meaning I have to slide it backwards (not just let it go) to stop the forward motion of the seat. The steering wheel and driver's mirror work fine. The memory switches NO LONGER WORK. The don't even beep.

Question: are the memory switches faulty, or are they behaving this way because the seat adjustment switch is faulty? Can this possibly be a fuse?