Mp3 Format

I've had my LS460 for 13 months and I have been very satisfied. Lexus updated my NAV software and this new version eliminates the 'relatively' stupid chore of hitting the screen in order to get to the map display.

My car has the standard radio and I finally decided to convert my IPOD songs to MP3 format and burned them onto CD-R discs. I am very satisfied with the ease of changing songs now. However, in Lexus' infinite wisdom, they decided that if the car is in motion, you cannot view the complete name of the song being played. Shades of the NAV problem! What can be done to get Lexus to understand that LS460 owners do have some brains?

Plamma

I have really looked into this for you guys wanting to play as you drive. I searched IIHS and other sites as to why Lexus keeps a minimum on the nav and have found no answers. Not even a savings on insurance. For me, as I drive along and see people with their cells in their ears and cutting me off, I get a sense of why no more distractions should be acceptable and don't mind using voice to tell my car where I want to go. If I'm lost (unacceptable for a male) I usually have a good idea as to where I want to go before I even leave the house. :whistles: As far as checking my music, I have a good sense of what I want to listen to (Blues). Never would dream of watching a DVD in motion. Personaly, I would be affronted if my girl friend/wife changed my destination while I was driving. I have listened to that before and can't imagine her on the screen. :angry: Male thing again, forget the passenger seat lock out, ;) We pride ourselves on our primitive sense of direction or is it erection..Sorry. :o Anyways, all this ballyhoo about lock out comes down to you, The Driver and Safety. I cannot imagine inputting my screen while driving as it takes away from the task at hand, being the safety of my passengers and those around me (other drivers). If that is all omnipotent, then get a car where you can "multitask".. Obviously, a Lexus is not for you. But stay away from me. IMHO, God Bless and drive safely and responsibly. A life may depend on you and it could be yours.

Plamma, sorry for the distraction, I have the ML and find I have no problems with viewing XM artist on my system. Have not burned to my hard disc and can't see why that should be a problem. Call your Dealer and let us know. It is a chore to figure this car out :unsure:

E-mail Mark at: info@PrestigiousSociety.com -- he is in the Los Angeles area.

I purchased an override system from him (cost around $350.00), and I installed it myself. The unit allows me to do everything the: NAV, Phone, DVD, Audio System will do when the car is stationary, WHILE THE CAR IS IN MOTION! Nothing is grayed out!

My passenger or I can set destinations, watch DVD's, search albums and mp3's on the HDD or CD's with full info visible -- while the car is moving!

Now I feel like the car is my own. I trust myself to be responsible in the way I now use the system. My passenger(s) can be entertained in a variety of ways now, while the car is moving, and I concentrate on driving.

My passenger can even set a new or addon destination without having to pull over to the side of the road!

This did not void my warranty and is completely "plug'n'play" -- no need to cut any wires!

It's the best solution I've found to avoiding the paranoia of Lexus Lawyers.

E-mail Mark at: info@PrestigiousSociety.com -- he is in the Los Angeles area.

I purchased an override system from him (cost around $350.00), and I installed it myself. The unit allows me to do everything the: NAV, Phone, DVD, Audio System will do when the car is stationary, WHILE THE CAR IS IN MOTION! Nothing is grayed out!

My passenger or I can set destinations, watch DVD's, search albums and mp3's on the HDD or CD's with full info visible -- while the car is moving!

Now I feel like the car is my own. I trust myself to be responsible in the way I now use the system. My passenger(s) can be entertained in a variety of ways now, while the car is moving, and I concentrate on driving.

My passenger can even set a new or addon destination without having to pull over to the side of the road!

This did not void my warranty and is completely "plug'n'play" -- no need to cut any wires!

It's the best solution I've found to avoiding the paranoia of Lexus Lawyers.

Details please-what, where, and how much for the override? How difficult to install. Thanks

E-mail Mark at: info@PrestigiousSociety.com -- he is in the Los Angeles area. I purchased an override system from him (cost around $350.00)

A little scary to install at first, but you'll figure it out

• 3 weeks later...
Details please-what, where, and how much for the override? How difficult to install. Thanks

E-mail Mark at: info@PrestigiousSociety.com -- he is in the Los Angeles area. I purchased an override system from him (cost around $350.00)

A little scary to install at first, but you'll figure it out

i Used Nav-Tv