Heated Seats Do Not Work

BassOverflow

My wife had the same problem with her 2004 RX330 heated seats last winter. Turned out to be the seat heater elements embedded in the seat padding. They essentially "died out" and had to be replaced (under warranty). Ironically, she never had a problem with the seat heaters in her previous 2000 RX300 which she kept until almost 130,000 miles....

That sucks, I honestly feel bad for you! I use mine all the time. In my previous experience you have to remove the entire seat from the car and possibly do some upholstery work...for me it is definitely a dealer fix but depending on the cost you may want to attempt it yourself. You may have some problems locating the instructions though.

Hey guys, I've got factory installed heated seats, but they do not work. The button lights up when depressed, and the fuse is not blown. It does this for both front seats. Any ideas?

Before going to too much trouble, are the stalks turned almost fully counter-clockwise (nearly off)?

What stalks?

Don't know about the 300, but on my '05 330, the "button" is about 1/2" long when out and turning it controls intensity. Twisting it fully counter-clockwise results in a click, and the light goes out showing heated seats off. If the "button" is twisted counter-clockwise, but it hasn't clicked and the light is still on, heater is on but minimum rheostat setting and little/no heat. I suggest something like this since both not working.

• 13 years later...