In Search Of Navigation System For Es350

luxlex

I have a 2008 ES350 that came without the navigation system.

I am interesting in getting the Lexus factory navigation. Please advise if you have one available for the ES350.

P.S. Dealers say this cannot be done, but I have read otherwise.

I am interesting in getting the Lexus factory navigation. Please advise if you have one available for the ES350.

I will look into this for you, Usually I can get the OEM nav. :cheers:

The cars with factory nav have totaly different radio and air cond controls i would also guess

the dash wireing would be different too. I think you will find it would cost more than its worth

if you could find someone to do it.

• 5 weeks later...

I thought you may want to know that you can save yourself a cool $1,000 or more by opting for a Garmin Nuvi: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?comp...compare=compare

Also, if you are not already aware, Lexus has been offering some owners a $500 service rebate due to the fact that the NAV system's touch screen is basically inoperable while driving. Meaning, you can NOT use the touch screen to program in a POI or address. There are several posts on this site about the inefficiencies of the Lexus NAV system and the lack of response from customers concerns.

Best of luck to you :)

• 8 months later...

please let me know if this can be done as well on my 08 thanks!

leekenone@yahoo.com

I have a Verizon Blackberry 8830 phone, and have the latest VZ Navigator on it. Any VCast phone will do the same.

Provides turn by turn directions, and now even has built in traffic delays as well. You can also select a detour.

If a call comes in, it suspends the GPS. When you hang up, it goes right back.

Cost = $9.95 per month.

• 6 months later...

I will look into this for you, Usually I can get the OEM nav.:cheers:

Hi dcfish, I am interested in this, could you please send me email with details.

thank you,

-Ram

Edited by denslexusgx470

Hi dcfish, I am interested in this, could you please send me email with details.

thank you,

-Ram

I am searching my inventory for you wink.gif

Edited by denslexusgx470

• 1 month later...

thank you,

-Ram

I am searching my inventory for you wink.gif

I am just in search of the disc V7 or 8

Ron

Edited by denslexusgx470

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with this is that the harness that you may buy might not work with the nav you have, You see , All navs /components are bench tested before I ship. You can do the math.

• 2 weeks later...

DC I would like to also see if you could give me a price for a complete system for a 2007 es350. I won a bid on ebay motors for a unit but it ended up being only the display console. From the research that I have done I still need to have the ECU and the antenna. The guy does not have the complete system I will have to back out of the sale. One more question would you recommend that shark fin antenna for the GPS. New to this forum and first Lexus that I have owned recently purchased. TIA

Thanks for the info on the shark fin. I did see one from Hong Kong on ebay that said it was for GPS but I do not have much confidence rigt now with ebay equiptment for my Lexus. Anyone know if DC is still active on the board? Did anyone on this thread get a GPS system from him in the past? Glad that I found this place looks like alot of information can be gained here.

• 1 month later...

hi dcfish, was thinking of buying an '08 es350 without nav, can i put an OEM one in? also, will the backup cam work if i get the backup cam installed. I would prefer all OEM stuff.

my email is sss23@drexel.edu

• 6 months later...

Dc just sent you a rspeonse to PM

I am interesting in getting the Lexus factory navigation. Please advise if you have a complete system available.

Regards

Dc just sent you a rspeonse to PM

I am interesting in getting the Lexus factory navigation. Please advise if you have a complete system available.

Regards

Yes, I have a nav for your 2008 ES350, Your email for details please.cool.gif

I have an 08 ES350 that I bought w/o navigation. In doing a search to upgrade my car with navigation, I came upon a unit built by FlyAudio. They sell a plug and play unit that comes complete with the trim piece that looks exactly like OEM. Just google "FlyAudio" to see the unit. I don't work for them nor am I a reseller of them. I'd thought I would share my findings with everyone. I contacted a reseller of the unit and they quoted a price of about $1600. Much cheaper than getting the OEM. I'm thinking of buying it but don't want to be the guinea pig. There's lots of talk about FlyAudio units online in forums for the IS.