Programming Homelink

greggebhardt

Just purchased 2004 LX470 2 days ago. Have 3 garage doors of which I have programmed two with no problem to use the Lexus Homelink. The third door has the "rolling code" thisng but I have followed the instructions and can not get it to operate this particular unit. The Opener is the Overhead Door Signature series. I hit the l;earn button on the opener and have tried two pushed of the button with an additional push as the manual indicates.

I also went to the OverHead door website and they say push the learning button and then the homelimk button 3 times, still no go. Anyone got any suggestions? :unsure:

After pressing the "learn" button, you have 30 seconds to press the designated button in your car. Press the button in your car for 2 seconds then release. You may have to repeat the sequence press, hold, and release the button for 3 times (don't press the "learn" button again for the subsequence cycles). After programming the button, try to press the button and hold it down and see if your garage openner works. You can find some more info at http://www.homelink.com/program/rolling.html

Thi

• 2 weeks later...
After pressing the "learn" button, you have 30 seconds to press the designated button in your car. Press the button in your car for 2 seconds then release. You may have to repeat the sequence press, hold, and release the button for 3 times (don't press the "learn" button again for the subsequence cycles). After programming the button, try to press the button and hold it down and see if your garage openner works. You can find some more info at http://www.homelink.com/program/rolling.html

Thi

The above worked for me. I did go to the URL http://www.homelink.com/program/programming.tml to get the detailed info, but the trick is to attempt to program it as normal, it won't work, press the "learn" button on the garage door opener, you have 30 seconds to press and hold the homelink button that is not working for 2 seconds and then release.

What happened for me is after the 1st 2 second cycle, the light on my garage door opener flashed and the homelink button now worked. I did not need to repeat the 2 second hold/release cycle a 2nd time.

Cheers, --Ken--

• 5 years later...

Like everyone here, I was totally frustrated with this process. I finally reached a human at HomeLink and after describing the situation he asked if I was using a Genie mini-remote door opener, which indeed I was. He asked if I was using the large button to train the in-car unit, which I was. It seems you cannot use the large button, you must use one of the small buttons to the left of the large one to train your unit. Once I used the small button it worked perfectly and connected through the Learn program on the first attempt, it took less than 5 minutes. I emailed HomeLink suggesting they add this info to their FAQ or Troubleshooting website. This could have saved me 2 hours of wasted, very frustrating, time. But, I am a happy camper now.

• 1 year later...

After talking with HomeLink, I was instructed to repeatedly press the garage door opener remote(not the car Homelink button) that I was using instead of holding it down while still holding the HomeLink button during the training mode. This worked after about 60 seconds (and many many up-and-downs from the garage door). I still had to hit the "Learn" button on the garage door opener, and then press the HomeLink button three times within 30 seconds of hitting "Learn." Also, I was using a "dual frequency" Genie remote, and I had to switch the frequency on the remote to work with HomeLink in the car.

This worked for me.

• 10 years later...