Would You Buy This Gs 300 2003?

Hello,

I have been shopping for a GS 300 for the past few weeks. I came across one on eBay that I really liked, found the guy selling it and met up with him to check it out. The car looks very good except a few minor things:

There is a gap on one side of the trunk, its as if the trunk lid is not sitting at OEM spec. the gap on the right is the size of the fingernail. It closes and opens with ease. The dealer claims that it was probably hit while parked, the rear bumper appears to be pained. I checked as much as I could and it appeared that there was all factory paint in the rear around the trunk area.

Another issue was that on the hood, it appeared that it would sit slightly closer to the right headlight then to the left, the rubber surrounding one of the middle lights is not visible when the hood is down.

The price is great. He wants 12,300. Carfax shows 1 owner and never in an accident. Taking it to the mechanic today. Drives good, smells new, but it has 97k miles.

The problems I found were minor, the hood appeared to be original, it has minor rock chips that mostly came from a few years of highway driving. I just think that the bumpers were removed to get repainted and not put on to original spec.

Here is the link to the eBay site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GS-300_W0QQ...tem200193445007

I did the car fax buy back guarantee thing already and just want to bring it to the mechanic. So what do you guys think? For 12,300

I dont think I can go wrong unless the mechanic says that it was in an accident or that there are some mechanical issues.

i love the all black interior! i paid 12000 for my 2001 gs430 with nav/mark levinson and it only had 80000 miles so i would suggest shopping for a different one! it does sound like its been in a accident though with the trunk how you said!

i love the all black interior! i paid 12000 for my 2001 gs430 with nav/mark levinson and it only had 80000 miles so i would suggest shopping for a different one! it does sound like its been in a accident though with the trunk how you said!

I agree, the all black sounds really nice. I am thinking of getting it, it is a 2003 and my mechanic looked at it. Said yes it was hit but no damage to under body so its probably a side swipe to the rear quarter panel. Still going to think about it. I am really happy to be on a better forum though, maxima.org had to many retarded people, the people on the this forum seem more mature by the posts that I read.

:)

I wouldn't do it.. that car has been in accident despite what carfax is telling you... and if the trunk leaks you'll be super P.O'd.. I bought a CPO Acura 3.2tl and it had a clean car fax... but apparently the trunk leaked... now its been a battle with the dealership ever since... just avoid it!

Just because you can see a gap difference in the truck/hood doesn't mean it's been in a 45mph crash.

Last winter i backed into a car at a very low speed, at somewhat of an angle, and my tailgate of my rx300 has a slight gap difference (even though only the bumper had damage). The autobody shop missed the tailgate issue but told me it's just cosmetic and can easiely be fixed (i just haven't found the time to bring it back to them). I haven't had any leaking issues and it closes fine etc.

I'd say if your mechanic gave it an A then to go for it.

"i love the all black interior! i paid 12000 for my 2001 gs430 with nav/mark levinson and it only had 80000 miles so i would suggest shopping for a different one! it does sound like its been in a accident though with the trunk how you said!"

i have NO idea how you got an 01 430 with nav for that price. That seems like luck to me.

Look on ebay at other listings and see if that price seems fair. It may be lower because of the trunk gap etc. but if you can live with it, then i'd go for it. Based on experience with mine, the gap shouldn't cause a problem, just as long as the rubber stripping is making contact.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=140179209255

here is my 2001 gs430 with nav i bought off ebay

It's from Brooklyn, says it all...

Brooklyn miles = 2x normal miles.

Btw I bought the car. Had a professional look at it. The car has all original parts, no bando. The gap exists from a slight fender bender in which the trunk was repainted. The car drives amazingly.