This Guy Really *bleep*es Me Off, Someone Help Plz!

doesntmahsnsuk

I NEED HELP FROM YOU GUYS!!!!! so here's the thing...i've been email this guy about an sc that i sold. i'm new to the lexus world, so dont flame me if i'm wrong. am i right or wrong....he's trying to tell me that the sc300's came with twin turbo and that the "standards" (manuals) only had 50 that were made and it is worth at LEAST 9k.

Him:

hey do you still have the car.......how are the twin turbos???? are they worn???

Me:

umm...no. i know my cars. do some research man. 2jz-ge. 1992 lexus sc300 they came with a 2jz-ge that's NON turbo. 1jz came on sc400. you'd be surprised to see what google can do for you.

Him:

no sorry but you are verry wrong! i have a sc400 and if you know its a v8 and they only come in v8 and its a 1uzfe engine so yes i do know my cars......2jz is only twin turbo and the 1jz is the non turbo supra engine......the 1jz comes in all the 300

Me:

please explain to me, oh great one, why people would swap a 2jz-gte into a lexus to have it turboed when you say that it is "ALREADY turboed?"

read em and weep ****er.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_JZ_engine#2JZ

The engine's original intended use was to power Toyota's fourth-generation Supra JZA80 sports coupe. It's mechanical basis was the existing 2JZ-GE, but differed in its use of sequential twin turbochargers, an air-to-air, front-mounted intercooler, and uprated internal components.

Him:

haha shows how much you know ****er! lol you f-in idiot, looks like you only know how to google instead of living the car.......obviously you got the sc400 engine wrong by saying its a 1jz......ahaha idiot! and have you seen the ****in NOS ENergy drink SC300.....its car kept the stock 1jz and all they did was turbo it but alot of soarer fanatics "if you even know" swap t0 the 2jz because its a twin turbo supra engine and the blocks could hold much more hp.......so i see your using wikipedia......****er.....thats a website that you just log on and create an article so stop living in dreams and listening to other people instead of the people who know......****in idiot ive owned these 2 cars and raced both of them so you cant tell me anything and hahah i see you know how to use copy and paste very well....you dont even know what you sold! hahah and you know wat....you lost ALOT of money for selling it cheap because those cars are standard and are going for no less than 9 grand and you sold it for 3500 hahahah! loser! they only made 50 of those standard sc300 in the US.....hahha you might as well say their front wheel drive......please learn you ****er ......their is no 2jzge its called a 1jz stupid.....damm dude you also might as well say that you didnt know that lexus is toyota! dont write back you werent even worthy to own a soarer......hahah and oh yea you got ripped off!

Edited by doesntmahsnsuk
Removed profanity

I went through and cleaned that up.

I'm having problems figuring this out. Are you trying to say the SC300 came with a turbo or turbos or is he?

The SC300 never came with any turbos from the factory.

Very confusing, I don't get it either. It looks like this guy was yanking your chain, but the grammar is so poor that I do not understand what he is saying. Also, you really shouldn't use Wikipedia as a reliable source, people mess with it and put misinformation all the time. It's a good initial source to get you acquainted with a subject, but it should not be used as the end all source.

I went through and cleaned that up.

I'm having problems figuring this out. Are you trying to say the SC300 came with a turbo or turbos or is he?

The SC300 never came with any turbos from the factory.

that's exactly what i was trying to tell him, but he says that he's owned 2 of them already and they came with turbo. and also, he says that there were only 50 of the manuals made, making it worth at least 9k. can you help me explain this?

Very confusing, I don't get it either. It looks like this guy was yanking your chain, but the grammar is so poor that I do not understand what he is saying. Also, you really shouldn't use Wikipedia as a reliable source, people mess with it and put misinformation all the time. It's a good initial source to get you acquainted with a subject, but it should not be used as the end all source.

oh ok. i didn't realize that it was random people putting the information up. is there a website that you know of that says as a HARD fact that the sc300's came with a 2jz-ge that was NON turbo??

Ok, Here is the skinny:

the Lexus SC300 came with the 2JZGE non turbo motor only in the US. In Europe and Japan, they released the Toyota Soarer which came with the 1JZ twin turbo set up. (It was actually a sequential turbo set up and not a true twin system though.) Alot of people in the US do swap to the 1JZ as it is a cheap way to go turbo.And before that they had the Aristo motor which also was turbo, But again never used here in the US. I have a friend here who just did a 1JZ swap in a 92 SC300.

The SC400 is the 1UZFE motor. The only V8 used until the new generation SC430.

The Supra motor is a 2 JZGTE motor. And has never been in used, (stock from the factory) in anything other than the Supra.

As far as manual and only being 50 made, I really doubt that number. While the manuals were more rare, I see plenty of them and I don't think it would add to the overall value of a used car. And I beleive it was the black/black 97 SC300 with the manual that was the rarest combination. And even then it was still more than 50.

Now, he's right when he said there were some manuals but not that there were turbos.

The SC300 NEVER came with a turbo, whether its a manual or not.

i KNOW there were some manuals, because i owned one. and i KNOW there were no turbos, because mine didn't have any. the guy is dumb

Ok, Here is the skinny:

the Lexus SC300 came with the 2JZGE non turbo motor only in the US. In Europe and Japan, they released the Toyota Soarer which came with the 1JZ twin turbo set up. (It was actually a sequential turbo set up and not a true twin system though.) Alot of people in the US do swap to the 1JZ as it is a cheap way to go turbo.And before that they had the Aristo motor which also was turbo, But again never used here in the US. I have a friend here who just did a 1JZ swap in a 92 SC300.

The SC400 is the 1UZFE motor. The only V8 used until the new generation SC430.

The Supra motor is a 2 JZGTE motor. And has never been in used, (stock from the factory) in anything other than the Supra.

As far as manual and only being 50 made, I really doubt that number. While the manuals were more rare, I see plenty of them and I don't think it would add to the overall value of a used car. And I beleive it was the black/black 97 SC300 with the manual that was the rarest combination. And even then it was still more than 50.

haha. all of which i knew and told that guy. he insisted that because my car didn't have turbos, then i had a 1jz. i told him that here in the US none of the sc300's came stock with twin turbo or ANY kind of turbo. but thanx for reassuring me of that. i didn't know if i was the stupid one or if it was him. thanks guys! more info on this will help! especially production numbers on manuals...autos too.

oh ok. i didn't realize that it was random people putting the information up. is there a website that you know of that says as a HARD fact that the sc300's came with a 2jz-ge that was NON turbo??

I don't know if this would help you but here's an article on the subject. It seems that the turbo version is a 2jz-gte, and only in a Supra. But that has been covered already!

http://www.supraturbo.com/street_power_jan-feb%2098.htm

I don't know if this would help you but here's an article on the subject. It seems that the turbo version is a 2jz-gte, and only in a Supra. But that has been covered already!

http://www.supraturbo.com/street_power_jan-feb%2098.htm

The turbo version used in the Soarer, which is the SC300 here in the US used the 1JZ which had twin sequential turbos.

LOL!!!! NO!!!

The Toyota Soarer is the same BODY MODEL as the SC300 here in the US. BUT, oversees, which is where they sell the Soarer, the Soarer came with the 1JZ sequential turbo setup. Here in the US, the SC300, which looks just like the Soarer, was only available with the non turbo 2JZGE motor. Are we all on the same page now???

Oversees-----Toyota Soarer------> 1JZ TT

US------------Lexus SC300--------> 2JZGE NA

Both cars look the same.