Bad Shocks Or Struts?

eds92sc

Whenever I go over a speed bump in a parking lot, both the front and rear shocks make loud dry "creaking" noises. Are my shocks bad, or are my struts bad? Or both?

After dumping a lot of money on a busted timing belt, and fixing a coolant leak between the engine block and the tranny, I don't want to have to spend a lot of money for this problem. The car still drives and handles really nice other than when I go over these speed bumps.

Any cost estimates for parts and labor on these items???

Whenever I go over a speed bump in a parking lot, both the front and rear shocks make loud dry "creaking" noises. Are my shocks bad, or are my struts bad? Or both?

After dumping a lot of money on a busted timing belt, and fixing a coolant leak between the engine block and the tranny, I don't want to have to spend a lot of money for this problem. The car still drives and handles really nice other than when I go over these speed bumps.

It is your struts bro

I hace the same problem.

If the noise dosent bother you just live with it. Sometimes SEARS has free instilation but if not it shouldnt cost more than 450 total for all 4

good luck

It is your struts bro

I hace the same problem.

If the noise dosent bother you just live with it. Sometimes SEARS has free instilation but if not it shouldnt cost more than 450 total for all 4

good luck

Is there any DIY links to do this job? I understand the need for special tools, etc. Just want to know, outside of that, how hard this job is.

I get the noise only from the front: does that mean I need to do just the front 2?

Thx in advance.

I took 4.0 LS's advice, and it seemed to help out a lot. I sprayed WD-40 on all the rubber bushings I saw underneath, and the noise level decreased dramatically. Thanks 4.0LS.......

I currently have the same problem, any chance you can be more specific on where you sprayed the lube?

Thx bro

Basically I'm talking about the lower control arm LCA bushings. If you search the site here or on Lextreme, there are photos of what I'm talking about. From what I've read on this site, the LCA bushings are known items that go bad with time on these SCs. I sprayed and soaked them from underneath the vehicle with WD40. Just be careful not to overspray on other components just in case.

I took 4.0 LS's advice, and it seemed to help out a lot. I sprayed WD-40 on all the rubber bushings I saw underneath, and the noise level decreased dramatically. Thanks 4.0LS.......

I currently have the same problem, any chance you can be more specific on where you sprayed the lube?

Thx bro