Thinking About Moving Up

Toyofreak

We are thinking about moving up into a GX470 model, we currently own the RX300 are they just as reliable? Anyone have any suggestions? We do love our RX but the added room in the GX is very appealing.

Thanks,

The Finnegan's

We are thinking about moving up into a GX470 model, we currently own the RX300 are they just as reliable? Anyone have any suggestions? We do love our RX but the added room in the GX is very appealing.

Thanks,

The Finnegan's

The GX model is reliable...as many owners can attest to. I have also heard from Lexus techs that outside the Transfer Case / Clunk issue, the GX is built solid.

Thanks,

The Finnegan's

The GX model is reliable...as many owners can attest to. I have also heard from Lexus techs that outside the Transfer Case / Clunk issue, the GX is built solid.

I have heard through the forum that the clunk issue has been fixed and just waiting for time to tell. Thanks,

There is a TSB for the clunk. The GX is a solid truck, very well built. Have you test drove a GX yet? Its not that much beigger than the RX in my opinion, if you are looking for extra room, maybe the GX is not for you.

There is a TSB for the clunk. The GX is a solid truck, very well built. Have you test drove a GX yet? Its not that much beigger than the RX in my opinion, if you are looking for extra room, maybe the GX is not for you.

We have had the Sequia before we bought the RX I just miss the room and the GX is so appealing to me and with the introduction of the VVTI line up the gas mileage is pretty close to the RX in my opinion.

We have had the Sequia before we bought the RX I just miss the room and the GX is so appealing to me and with the introduction of the VVTI line up the gas mileage is pretty close to the RX in my opinion.

I dont think the VVT-i engine improve the gas mileage, its about the same, just more horepower. I own a GX and my wife have the RX and trust me, the MPG between the 2 is not as close as you think. The RX gets about 3-4 MPG more than the GX. As far as passenger room, they are both about the same, a tad more on the GX. The GX has more cargo room and the 3rd row seats.

• 1 month later...

Close to the size of my RX330 - couple inches longer I think, maybe an inch or so wider, maybe four inches taller. Appears to be about as much cargo room as the RX with the 3rd row seats folded; a LOT more with the seats removed. Appears sturdier; definitely more practical as a 4-wheel drive than the RX - locking differential, low range, higher clearance. It's a truck. Love mine so far; haven't really given it a bad terrain or bad weather workout, but I expect it will perform well. Gas mileage, as stated here, is about 3-4 mpg less than the RX; no surprise. I am pleasantly surprised to get about 18 mpg in town so far. Pretty comfy as a truck; a bit plusher than the RX, in fact. Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice...

Doc H.