Writeup: My Install Of The Waag Grill Guard (pics Included)

Before I started, here is the picture of the front of my car, RX400h-2.jpg

Here is the picture of my heater keeping me warm working in the garage during the install! two of these things are much better than typical stationary space heaters. RX400h-3.jpg

Yes, its a Hybrid RX400h-11.jpg

Teaser pics of the Supra and the other cars in the garage RX400h-13.jpgRX400h-14.jpg

Starting to disassemble the front bumper... RX400h-19.jpg

Bolts under the front fender, ONLY disconnect this silver one you can barely see, and the bolt closest to the front of the bumper on the fender well edge, RX400h-20.jpgRX400h-22.jpg

Just took off the front bumper, next comes the styrofoam RX400h-23.jpg

***Note, watch out when you remove the headlamp washer line, it drains all the washer fluid!! have at least two gallon jugs ready to catch the excess fluid as you can see a bunch dripped on my towels ugh RX400h-24.jpgRX400h-25.jpg

Everything off except the front metal bumper itself, air gun, compressor, allen keys, screwdrivers, etc RX400h-26.jpgRX400h-27.jpg

Close up of the front bumper, you must unbolt these three bolts, mount the grill guard support ontop of the front bumper mounts, then replace the metal front bumper back where it was. RX400h-28.jpg

Metal Front bumper disassembled RX400h-29.jpg

With the grill guard mounts ready to be bolted down RX400h-30.jpgRX400h-31.jpg

Everything bolted back together, sorry I forgot to take pics (my friend never came over to help me) in between, but all you have to do is bolt the bumper back onto the front and mount the grill guard itself and tighten the bottom bolts, RX400h-32.jpgRX400h-32.jpg

Here are the upper support mounts, I bought about (20 washers per screw) and purchased 2" long screws to bolt up the upper support mounts to the grill guard, since the RX400h bumper is taller than the RX330 bumper,

RX400h-36.jpgRX400h-37.jpg

RX400h-38.jpg

RX400h-39.jpg

RX400h-40.jpg

Here are the lower support mounts RX400h-41.jpg

Here is another problem, along the lower passenger side of the grill guard, the lower support mounts, run into the A/C Condenser lines, you must bend these lines in order to make the Grill guard fit, as you can see mine almost rubs up against it, dangerous I know, but i'll be ok RX400h-47.jpg

RX400h-48.jpg

The Finished Product RX400h-34.jpgRX400h-35.jpg

...a face only a mother could love!

Seriously, that took more work than I would've thought = nice job!

thanks man, yea it took the better part of at least 4-5 hours, putting everything back together, I couldn't just rip off the front bummper and bolt up the grill since it had to be centered and look neat! I hope this writeup can help people attempting this install in the future, PM me for any questions

Don't you love it!?

That's the same one i have on my rx350 right now :)

you did a great job with that. i still don't understand how the dealer got it on my 400h in less than 2 hours, but maybe they did it wrong and i never noticed? All the brackets are on it now on the 350 so they must have kept the parts when switching it...

anyways it looks beautiful!

Don't you love it!?

you did a great job with that. i still don't understand how the dealer got it on my 400h in less than 2 hours, but maybe they did it wrong and i never noticed? All the brackets are on it now on the 350 so they must have kept the parts when switching it...

yea if I had to repeat the install I probably could have installed it in 2 hours knowing I don't have to remove all of the under carriage bolts in the wheel wells and getting the bumper back on was a pain along with bolting the bumper guard up took almost 2 hours to get everything tight and secure since it weighs like 50 lbs and I had no help whatsoever.

Don't you love it!?

yea if I had to repeat the install I probably could have installed it in 2 hours knowing I don't have to remove all of the under carriage bolts in the wheel wells and getting the bumper back on was a pain in the !Removed! along with bolting the bumper guard up took almost 2 hours to get everything tight and secure since it weighs like 50 lbs and I had no help whatsoever.

That is a great job Neo, Is there anyway to install it without remove the bumper?

Don't you love it!?

yea if I had to repeat the install I probably could have installed it in 2 hours knowing I don't have to remove all of the under carriage bolts in the wheel wells and getting the bumper back on was a pain in the !Removed! along with bolting the bumper guard up took almost 2 hours to get everything tight and secure since it weighs like 50 lbs and I had no help whatsoever.

That is a great job Neo, Is there anyway to install it without remove the bumper?

no sorry its nearly impossible since you have to mount the support mounts under directly to the frame