Air Flow Filter - Altezza

Shuji

Hey all. New user with a huge problem. The Altezza is not really a common car in this part of the Caribbean and replacement parts are VERY hard to come by. Apparently someone was having trouble coming by some spares and broke into my bonnet (took out the air flow meter). Now there is nowhere in the country that I can find one for an Altezza. Can anyone tell me what air flow meters would be compatible with the Altezza so I can source it online? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know a whole lot about cars by the way.

Ok, I just sent them the email asking if they have one and how much and if they can ship to the Carribean. as soon as they repond I will give you the info and put you in touch with them directly. PM me your email address and info.

Okay. One of my friends advised me that I can get an aftermarket airflow system to replace the airflow meter that was stolen from my car. Does anyone know about this and how this works? Like what parts would I have to get...stuff like that?

Hey Bartkat, we have been exchanging pm's, and He needs the whole air intake to the throttle body from what I understood. So I told him that he would still need the MAF, IAT and vacuume hoses, and if he found the place for that, then they would have all the rest as well. So, Shuji, here you go.

Join this: http://forum.altezzaclub.org.au/index.php?

I talked to a few people there and they can get you all the parts you need and you can talk to people who actually have your version of the Toyota. Good luck, and take care.

LOL!!! Yeah!! I told him about locking hood pins to maybe stop that from happening again. What I also thought was funny was the fact that there are very few Altezza'a there, so I'm thinking finding the "other" Altezza would lead right to "gotcha"!

Thanks for all the advice you have given me smooth1. I'm following every bit of advice you're giving me. Thank you again. I'm really clueless about these things, and my mechanic is as much help as paper paste.