Diagnosis Of My 97 Ls400

jcrome04

Ok...so turns out my gas tank has been "DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR" as well, so the dealership has ordered me a new one which will be here in 5-6 days.

So my baby will be gone ANOTHER week!!!!!

So new tank, and new carbon canister. Tab is arond $1200 now! My mechanic will love that! hahahaha

Free stuff for me yay!

Ok...so turns out my gas tank has been "DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR" as well, so the dealership has ordered me a new one which will be here in 5-6 days.

So my baby will be gone ANOTHER week!!!!!

So new tank, and new carbon canister. Tab is arond $1200 now! My mechanic will love that! hahahaha

Free stuff for me yay!

No way! what the :censored: did your mechanic do to it? Can you get photos? You may need them for the court case ( I really hope not). This seems absolutely over the top for a mere fuel filter change! Tough break dude.

For some reason he thought the filter was somewhere behind the tank and partially removed it.

He told me he'll take care of it so hopefully he doesn't back out.

If he doesn't I'll definately take him to court. (I hope it doesn't have to go that route)

I'll try to get some photos and if I do end up taking him to court I'll probably have a written testimony from the local dealership saying how there's no other way to damage it than whatever he did to it....

Kind of depressing that it's going to be another week but oh well! She'll be running like new when i get her back!

Plus 2.5 weeks of no driving?? Thats a lot of miles off of my car!! :D

I'm no mech, but I would certainly check a manual or online service before starting to remove the fuel tank for a filter change if I wasn't sure where it was. Sounds crrrazy. Of course you have to fill us in on the details once it's all sorted out.

I'm no mech, but I would certainly check a manual or online service before starting to remove the fuel tank for a filter change if I wasn't sure where it was. Sounds crrrazy.

Absolutely, or he could have asked here! Fair enough about the filter in the tank, but the filter that normally gets serviced is the inline one thats easy to access (almost like someone planned that huh!). Here's hoping for a happy conclusion.

Actually the problem makes sense now. I think he reconnected the output from the pump to the breather for the charcoal canister, not the fuel line to the injector rail. I had been wondering how the lines had made the jump, but I was assuming he was changing the inline filter, not the pump filter. Its probably a lot easier to explain now. What a bummer.

He was changing the inline filter, he must have looked up instructions on the other cause his computer told him it was a 1.65 hour job. I should have just looked on here for a DIY, but i just figured after years of great work and trustworthy service he'd know what he's talking about. Maybe it's called "********** Muffler and brake" for a reason!! hahahaha

I'll go to him when I need mufflers or brakes ONLY from now on! :D hahaha

Speaking of mufflers. I LOVE the quietness of my car but I miss the look of some beautiful chrome mufflers. So I wil probably someday just have the mufflers replaced and keep the stock exhaust system...maybe take out some cats for a LITTLE more rumble when I get on it. Plus there are no emission checks in WA :D :D :D