Buy 08 Rx350 New At Dealer Invoice Or 05 Rx330 For $7k Less

wish4_rx350

I went to the local Lexus dealership and looked at an 05 RX330 with 28K miles CPO and they wanted $32K. I walked to the new dealer section and was able to negotiate at invoice (due to 09 coming out shortly) pricing. The difference in price between the 05 CPO and 08 new was $5K. The choice is academic - go new.

My question is, at what price difference does the deal move in favor to the 05 CPO? $6K, 7K, 8K?

I plan to keep the car for a long time - our previous two cars are 12 and 15 yrs old.

I orginally wanted to spend ~$30K out the door (including tax and licensing) but I didn't knoe resale value was so high!

I can put 10K down pay off the car in 36 mos on either scenario

What would you guys do? Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
I went to the local Lexus dealership and looked at an 05 RX330 with 28K miles CPO and they wanted $32K. I walked to the new dealer section and was able to negotiate at invoice (due to 09 coming out shortly) pricing. The difference in price between the 05 CPO and 08 new was $5K. The choice is academic - go new.

My question is, at what price difference does the deal move in favor to the 05 CPO? $6K, 7K, 8K?

I plan to keep the car for a long time - our previous two cars are 12 and 15 yrs old.

I orginally wanted to spend ~$30K out the door (including tax and licensing) but I didn't knoe resale value was so high!

I can put 10K down pay off the car in 36 mos on either scenario

What would you guys do? Thanks in advance.

I picked up a CPO 2005 RX330 and saved a bundle. Personally, chrome handles aren't enough for me to fork out 7k (I know I'm glazing over details, but meh, I have a headache)... and I'm considering this luxury vehicle for its functional utility and efficiency value, rather than resale value.

I test drove 350 / 400h / 330 and couldn't really pick out the differences. Then again, I'm a first time car owner, first time forum junkie.

Sorry. Scattered message. Brain in pain. Resale value for these vehicles doesn't matter too much if you're never planning on selling them, I'd think. I say go for the 330; reliable, great value, nigh-indestructible.