Where Is Am Antenna On 2003 Ls430--can It Be Boosted?

NEBCO

Most AM radios use an internal transistor and wire coil to pick u AM, and many of them seem to get boosted and better signals whent he FM antennae is plugged into your deck as well, so I think they also can recieve some signal through the FM antennae as well.

Most AM radios use an internal transistor and wire coil to pick u AM, and many of them seem to get boosted and better signals whent he FM antennae is plugged into your deck as well, so I think they also can recieve some signal through the FM antennae as well.

some people say the antenna for am reception is in the rear window. they say the heating wires we can see in the ls430 back windshield IS the antenna, and others say the antenna on the roof is the am antenna. what i need to know is where is the thing, and is there any way to boost it to get a better signal?

From what I can find, the fin on your roof is for GPS usage most likely, and the rear window grid is used for FM. I suppose you could go to radio shack and see if they have any inline boosters for antennae's and see if you can install it somewhere on your line to see if that makes it better or not.... If it is not your factory deck in there, I might even suggest researching a different deck that may have a better AM reciever built in... Not all radios are created equally ;)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP--I AM HOPING SOMEONE CAN ZERO IN ON THAT AM ANTENNA. I HAVE CALLED ABOUT 20 LEXUS DEALERS SERVICE DEPTS AND ABOUT 30% TALK ABOUT THE ANTENNA IN THE BACK WINDSHIELD, BUT THEY DONTS SEPERATE THE FM FROM AM---I KNOW THE REALLY SMART GUYS IN THIS FORUM WILL COME UP WITH THE ANSWER

The roof antenna is for Lexus Link (not even included for 2006, but not worth paying for in any case), see page 67-4 of the repair manual. It does nothing and I simply removed the rubber duck antenna and replaced it with a stainless screw so nothing catches on it. The combined FM and AM antenna is the rear window wiring, see page 67-39 of the repair manual, it is possible that the antenna has an open and the manual has instruction on how to fix it. The GPS antenna for the nav system is under the dash, see page 67-2 of the repair manual.