Key Problem

I drove to work today as usual only to find that I could not lock my Lexus IS250. So i locked it manually! Additionally the car did not recognise the key. Subsequently I was stuck there as there is no manual overide for turning on the ignition.

After reading the manual and inspecting the surounding area I noticed some wireless Internet arials that may have been the cause of this.

Has anyone else come across the same problem? What is the process in order to get your self and vehicle out of this situation?

(For the record I did try changing the batteryon the spot but nothing happened! When I drove home using the other master Key, the previous pair start functioning again as normal)

I would apreciate some feedback

I drove to work today as usual only to find that I could not lock my Lexus IS250. So i locked it manually! Additionally the car did not recognise the key. Subsequently I was stuck there as there is no manual overide for turning on the ignition.

After reading the manual and inspecting the surounding area I noticed some wireless Internet arials that may have been the cause of this.

Has anyone else come across the same problem? What is the process in order to get your self and vehicle out of this situation?

(For the record I did try changing the batteryon the spot but nothing happened! When I drove home using the other master Key, the previous pair start functioning again as normal)

I would apreciate some feedback

I think you can take the battery off and put it back after a couple of minutes. If you keep pressing the key button your battery will drain. Also, IMO, walking around the car with the key in poket would help reestabilsh the comm. between your car and the key.

Subsequently I was stuck there as there is no manual overide for turning on the ignition.

How did you wind up getting the car home?

Just to clarify. There is a manual override for the ignition although it is still electronic instead of a mechanical key. Once inside the vehicle, you can place the key fob flat againsts the start button. Then by pressing (maybe press and hold?) the start button, the engine can be turned on. This can be done even if the battery in the key fob is dead or missing. The details are in the FM (Frigging Manual):cheers:

It is possible that the energy from the wifi antenna's caused the system to fail. Again, the FM has some details about this. I hope you didn't have to pay for a tow.

Once inside the vehicle, you can place the key fob flat againsts the start button. Then by pressing (maybe press and hold?) the start button, the engine can be turned on. This can be done even if the battery in the key fob is dead or missing.

There's something I didn't know, but appreciate.

When I read that in the FM (nice, by the way), I didn't pick up that it would work with a dead or missing fob battery. I assumed placing the fob by the Start button was simply so that a very weak signal from the fob could be received.

Once inside the vehicle, you can place the key fob flat againsts the start button. Then by pressing (maybe press and hold?) the start button, the engine can be turned on. This can be done even if the battery in the key fob is dead or missing.

There's something I didn't know, but appreciate.

When I read that in the FM (nice, by the way), I didn't pick up that it would work with a dead or missing fob battery. I assumed placing the fob by the Start button was simply so that a very weak signal from the fob could be received.

There is always some minimal signal that will be transmitted, so if you touch the fob to the Start Button and push, that will start the car. But you would need to use the mechanical key to open the door still.