91 Ls400 No Start

mikeyhillman

Having problems getting my 91 to run, it died on me, so thinking it was the fuel pump i changed the fuel pump and did not fix anything. i check for power at the coil no power at coil, no power at fuel pump, all relays, and fueses are good, I bought a ecu for it thinking the computer was shot, tryed the new ecu, no difference i am completely stumped, any help would be appreciated...

Hey Mikey, Welcome to the club. First of all give us your original problem, why the fuel pump and did you check the fuses with a meter as those sneaky suckers can look good but you can't tell with eye view. Some real good aces here, lol not me, but the more history helps us to solve the problem. Some aces will step in from here and help you. A good club. ;)

more details def would help. how did this problem start?

what did you do so far in terms of troubleshooting besides checking the power at the coil and fuel pump. when you turn the ignition on, does you dash lights up?

starter cranks?

check engine light?

yes load tested battery it turned out good, car cranks over no start, yes all fuses were checked with a meter, or a test light. Original problem with car was that it just died driving it one day, it did manage to restart so i drove it home couldn't hear the fuel pump so i replaced it thinking it was the problem, no fuel pressure, and no power at coil / no spark now. i tried a differenct ecu thinking it was the problem after all the fuse's came back OK. , Everything electrical in the car works as it should, dash turns on, no check engine light, no codes .. so i am really stumped here, I couldn't find a 12v+ at the fuel pump relay as well.. so i dunno, i am stumped...

Are you sure you dont have any check engine light codes. when you turn on the key before trying to start it, does the check engine light come on. it should always be on when the ignition is on and the engine is not running. I saw quite a few posts in back pages where people had major problems, and they would say they had no codes. someone would remind them to check the cel light first. and most of the time its burnt out. then mabe you can pull some codes and have a better shot.