Sc400

Toyofreak

I just bought a sc400 with aprox 162000. Perfect interior, good tires clean engine bay ect. The car has plenty of power the only thing that is does not work all of the time is the cd changer. I paid 5000 for the car and we are very happy with it so far. Did we get a good deal.

$5,000 for a '96 in great condition is a hell of a good deal. I paid $2,000 for my '92 and the people even got a new battery and alternator for me all i had to do was get a master cylinder, needs a power steering pump too but im fine without it for now ill prolly get it in the next couple of weeks. Ill tell you though since i got this car man my nice '91 mustang and '88 bmw m3 just look at it, lol, i love it!!!

They may as well start giving away these SC's for free....They are all getting so Friggin cheap....Not good for those of us that already own clean ones :cries:

If it helps the man was crying as I drove it away from him, I have been looking for about 2 years for a good, clean one and finally found one half way decently close to me but it was well worth the drive. I have replaced a few light bulbs but other than that I cannot find anything wrong with it and I am trying very hard to do so..

I would say that is a great deal if this Blue Book pricing is right. I am hoping to get $7500 for my Excellent SC, it is not just good. It seems like nothing keeps it's value anymore. When I purchased my used SC400 I had to buy a new CD changer too. I think it must be a common thing. I bought it on an online auction.

Toyofreak, I say you made out like a bandit...Congrats on your purchase and welcome the Sc club. Now lets see some pictures of your new baby.

Kelly Blue Book

Excellent

$8,315

Good

$7,595

Fair

$6,660

post-62744-1201003517.jpgpost-62744-1201003526.jpgpost-62744-1201003535_thumb.jpgpost-62744-1201003541.jpgpost-62744-1201003556.jpgpost-62744-1201003565.jpgpost-62744-1201003581_thumb.jpgI would say that is a great deal if this Blue Book pricing is right. I am hoping to get $7500 for my Excellent SC, it is not just good. It seems like nothing keeps it's value anymore. When I purchased my used SC400 I had to buy a new CD changer too. I think it must be a common thing. I bought it on an online auction.

Toyofreak, I say you made out like a bandit...Congrats on your purchase and welcome the Sc club. Now lets see some pictures of your new baby.

Kelly Blue Book

Excellent

$8,315

Good

$7,595

Fair

$6,660

i would say you did pretty damn well i just got a 92 sc400 with 102000 miles on it for 7500 and its in awesome condition hardly even any ware on the leather and was was surprising was that it had all 3 original sets of keys the 2 masters and the spare.

to those of you sad about them becoming cheap im sorry, but i love to be able to afford a gorgeous powerful car that has the heritage of a lexus.

as a college student the reliability of these cars is a huge bonus, and it also has the power to have fun and the looks to catch more then just a couple glances.

Dudes, I use to be a car dealer.... I check all the papers and advertising avenues and can find 1992 SC400 all day long for anywhere from $2000 to $4500 tops... Some 92-96's are dirt cheap too...

You guys need to look at Craigs list, recycler.com and cartrader.com...Look in the Los Angeles, California area...Zip code 90402 within 100 miles and you will see what I am talking about... I have the cleanest 92 SC400 on the planet, new interior, new paint and everything works...It's as fast as a new Vette and I dought I can get much more the $7500 or so... I'm into it for $20,000 including the purchase price of $8000 6 years ago...

A little hint to make your cars look like new...Remove the headlights, stick them in the oven and remove the lenses and clean the inside of the lenses with plexi glass cleaner...Reseal and Reinstall and the front end of your SC's will look like new...

Dudes, I use to be a car dealer.... I check all the papers and advertising avenues and can find 1992 SC400 all day long for anywhere from $2000 to $4500 tops... Some 92-96's are dirt cheap too...

You guys need to look at Craigs list, recycler.com and cartrader.com...Look in the Los Angeles, California area...Zip code 90402 within 100 miles and you will see what I am talking about... I have the cleanest 92 SC400 on the planet, new interior, new paint and everything works...It's as fast as a new Vette and I dought I can get much more the $7500 or so... I'm into it for $20,000 including the purchase price of $8000 6 years ago...

A little hint to make your cars look like new...Remove the headlights, stick them in the oven and remove the lenses and clean the inside of the lenses with plexi glass cleaner...Reseal and Reinstall and the front end of your SC's will look like new...

Stick them in the oven? I have read about using toothpaste and other chemicals is taking the headlights off a difficult task? I just got all of them lined up last weekend.

Well the reason I stick the head lamps in the oven is to loosen the glue that holds in the Lense... After 15minutes in oven at 400 degrees the lense just peels right off... Then you can work on cleaning the inside of the lense that is all oxidized and an eye sore... After cleaning the lamps you use silicon sealer that you can buy at any autoparts store and reinstall the headlamps in place... Let it dry and reinstall the headlamps on the SC400 and front end looks soo much better... Cristal clear headlamps do wonders for the cars looks... I did mine a few years ago and am about to do it again...