Aftermarket Sub W/ Factory Nak Amp?

Hey, I just got my 2000 GS300 and I love it. Only problem is it was missing the factory sub. The rest of the system is Nakamichi.

I got a Cerwin Vega free-air subwoofer (stealth 3) 10". 44-400 watts and 4 ohms. Does anyone know if the factory nakamichi amp will power this w the same quality as the factory sub? Thanks

post-1-1069925682.jpg

yeah it'll work, but probably not sound as good as you're expecting. plug it in and try it, but i would venture a guess you'll probably end up doing what i did. after swapping out the stock sub with a better one, i eventually i ended up getting an amp and new sub/enclosure as it just wasn't quite right. now it's prefect with a seperate gain control for the sub amp, so i can really control the bass depending on the music.

yeah it'll work, but probably not sound as good as you're expecting. plug it in and try it, but i would venture a guess you'll probably end up doing what i did. after swapping out the stock sub with a better one, i eventually i ended up getting an amp and new sub/enclosure as it just wasn't quite right. now it's prefect with a seperate gain control for the sub amp, so i can really control the bass depending on the music.