"snow"

Ezgoin

I love both my 02 LS-430 and my 99 SC-300, but I have to say that they are probably the worst cars I've ever driven in the snow and ice. My gosh! Dangerous!!

EZ--welcome to the forums.

Yes, the RWD LS and SC can be hairy on slick surfaces--however, I live in an area that gets OVER 350 inches every year, and I drive my LS everyday in the winter. With proper dedicated winter tires and a little weight in the trunk, I can tread where AWD vehicles with all-season tires get stuck.

I love both my 02 LS-430 and my 99 SC-300, but I have to say that they are probably the worst cars I've ever driven in the snow and ice. My gosh! Dangerous!!

EZ--welcome to the forums.

Yes, the RWD LS and SC can be hairy on slick surfaces--however, I live in an area that gets OVER 350 inches every year, and I drive my LS everyday in the winter. With proper dedicated winter tires and a little weight in the trunk, I can tread where AWD vehicles with all-season tires get stuck.

Yikes! It's alive again :rolleyes: .....UNCLE!!!! see: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=37386

Haha aww but it's kind of entertaining to read :rolleyes:

Tires, we don't need no stinkin tires!

SNOW??? My ars.......

13 inches aint notin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's still snowing.............

Blizzaks and a shovel :lol::lol:

I take it that the snow traction issue has been fully covered here! LOL :-)

Guess I should get on the forum more often! It just seemed to me that a big heavy rear driver like the LS with siped tires and and actual "Snow" setting on the tranny programing should roll a little better on a half inch of snow than it does! Guess the wife will just have to drive the truck on these rare days! As for the SC 300, 150 lbs of sand in the trunk makes her handle crappy, but at least I can get forward motion!

Talk about stinkin tires, I gotta tell ya about one of my capers. Had the aforementioned "stinkin tires" on my old mazda beater with a stick. Got stuck in the backwoods in a fair amount of snow only because I foolishly slowed down coming into a dip in the road where the snow piled up a bit higher than the rest of the road. Spinnin the tires with a back'n forth motion only made the rut deeper and slicker. No one around to give me a push. Soooo......got this brilliant idea.......put it in gear, get out of the car (it won't stall because the "stinkin tires" are just spinnin round'n round), leave the door open, get behind and push it myself. Once I get it going, I'll just jump in and take off. Good so far eh? Well I got the thing rockin pretty good. I gave it one final push with everything I had. It worked. Just as it left the rut, I slipped and fell in the snow. When I looked up with a face full of snow, I watched it cross the road in slow motion to the other side and into the ditch. The open door was waving to me as to say SEE YA. After that, hated that car until I got rid of it.

Love that story !!!

Woke up to this crap this morning!! This is how my LS rides in the snow with my Michelin sport Pilots.. Get great traction on the dry concrete in the heated garage...

Doesn't look like it's slipping one bit in there!

:cheers: